Rumored Ngannou or Stipe demolish Jones

"Jones wasn’t rocked at all. If you think Jon Jones won’t step it up for HW like he did for DC you’re kidding yourself."

Every thing in this sentence is all wrong, rewrite it bro.
Its like people dont understand how hard it was for DC to make 205

I would actually say this is a fight were size does matter, really comes into play. Not only is Francis huge, he’s athletic, has long limbs and great power. Jones can win this fight but he needs to turn it into a wrestling match from round one, the margin for error it’s ridiculous.

size matters.

stipe tried a few overhands vs ngannou but ngannous arms and shoulders were so big ... he couldnt do shit ... thats how big ngannou is.

horsemeat Ngannou is the Ubereem of HW Right now.

I think i would even favour Greg Hary … lol.

Its like people dont understand how hard it was for DC to make 205
Who knows which version of DC is better really? Jon Jones get to bulk up also when fighting at HW so you have to keep that in mind.

Stipe I don't know, he fights short, and is susceptible to eye pokes, plus his clinch game is not the best.

But style makes fight, and NGANNOU 90 % likely KO Jones badly, Jones is shorter, weaker, SLOWER, can't take down anyone his size, TERRIBLE boxing defense/offense.

If Reyes rocks you in the first 2 rounds, Ngannou will KO you stiff in a heart beat.
You mean Reyes who has knocked out almost all of his UFC opponents yet only hurt Jon with a punch to the heart while he ate flush upper cuts and head kicks?

Jones also definitely isn't slower, did takedown the Reyes with more proven TDD and ability to get back up once taken down as well as doing the same against Gus and Smith.

Reyes is also a Southpaw who uses constant lateral movement and creates different angles as well as threatening with kicks at range unlike the straight forward pure punching offence of Francis.

All this fight did was once again confirm Jon has a seemingly iron chin and great composure under fire/ pressure against a bigger man with proven KO power and a more diverse arsenal then Francis.

Who knows which version of DC is better really? Jon Jones get to bulk up also when fighting at HW so you have to keep that in mind.
DC where he feels comfortable is his best and im pretty sure its not 205
Also the second point doesn't matter as much because mine is about DC being drained not about how much better Jones could get by roiding up to HW

Jones beats Stipe, but loses to the big guys like Ngannou And Overeem.

this is just another proof that Fedor is the MMA goat.

Smaller than Jones but he killed legit HWs

You mean Reyes who has knocked out almost all of his UFC opponents yet only hurt Jon with a punch to the heart while he ate flush upper cuts and head kicks?

Jones also definitely isn't slower, did takedown the Reyes with more proven TDD and ability to get back up once taken down as well as doing the same against Gus and Smith.

Reyes is also a Southpaw who uses constant lateral movement and creates different angles as well as threatening with kicks at range unlike the straight forward pure punching offence of Francis.

All this fight did was once again confirm Jon has a seemingly iron chin and great composure under fire/ pressure against a bigger man with proven KO power and a more diverse arsenal then Francis.
lol iron shin against ngannou doesn't exist. Francis arsenal is enough to KO you, like bruce lee said, "I fear the man with one technic etc "... Now reyes has bigger KO power than big frank ??
<JonesLaugh>

"straight forward pure punching offence of Francis." that is absolutely not francis' style btw ...

lol iron shin against ngannou doesn't exist. Francis arsenal is enough to KO you, like bruce lee said, "I fear the man with one technic etc "... Now reyes has bigger KO power than big frank ??
<JonesLaugh>

"straight forward pure punching offence of Francis." that is absolutely not francis' style btw ...
I never said that, what I said was Reyes' KO power in his division is just as proven as Francis' in his, except Reyes has proven to have more paths to that KO. Oh, and I would say Stipe, BB and Blaydes in the first fight would all dispute that.

Oh really, have we seen Francis KO anyone when he's forced to lead instead of counter and using anything other than his hands? Can't say as I can recall that.

<JonesLaugh>

DC put everthing he had into his Uppercut and Jones ate that like a Cupcake.

Ngannou never fought a guy with a legit chin & most of his KOs are tempel shot KOs you goof.

But i would still favour most HWs vs Jones.

I never said that, what I said was Reyes' KO power in his division is just as proven as Francis' in his, except Reyes has proven to have more paths to that KO. Oh, and I would say Stipe, BB and Blaydes in the first fight would all dispute that.

Oh really, have we seen Francis KO anyone when he's forced to lead instead of counter and using anything other than his hands? Can't say as I can recall that.
What is wrong in using alone one weapon ?? fighters made career using one weapon bro ...

What is wrong in using alone one weapon ?? fighters made career using one weapon bro ...
True, but none of the elite of the elite have, they made a career of game planning to take that 1 weapon away from you leaving you with no plan B path to victory.

Jones wasn’t rocked at all. If you think Jon Jones won’t step it up for HW like he did for DC you’re kidding yourself.

I don’t think MMA is for you man, do you have other sports that’s more suited to you?

of course he’ll step it up. His PICOgame will be top-notch

this is just another proof that Fedor is the MMA goat.

Smaller than Jones but he killed legit HWs

How does this prove Fedor is goat
He got beat up by Dan Henderson and is only fighting cans except he fought Bader and got flattened . Bader is a god fighter

Jones won against Reyes was never hurt never in trouble

It's normal for people get challenged

Jon Jones cops it hard when someone challenges him in a fight and he wins I would hate to see what people post on these boards if he lost

I mean Fedor was great but still fighting cans has been ko'd and lost but people say he is goat because Jones got challenged in a fight .

True, but none of the elite of the elite have, they made a career of game planning to take that 1 weapon away from you leaving you with no plan B path to victory.
lol, Khabib, conor, woodley, Usman, etc
Ngannou's striking is much more complex than it seems, I thought you knew that ...

lol, Khabib, conor, woodley, Usman, etc
Ngannou's striking is much more complex than it seems, I thought you knew that ...

they are one a complete different planet.

I would even favour Khabib in a Boxing match vs Ngannou, but Ngannou is way too big lol.

To Reyes credit, he had amazing takedown defense, it's more a question of is these two last close fights a result of Jones slowing down a bit or is it a result of the opposition getting better?

He's definitely not as strong as he used to be, in his prime he was able to just manhandle guys with his strength and wrestling, even guys like DC who competed at HW said that Jon felt very big in there. And when he got Reyes down, he wasn't able to keep him there at all.

But what I am impressed with, is Jon's grit and craftiness in fights where is not doing well, the guy has the heart of a lion and never breaks.

Back