NFL Discussion, v43: Andrew Luck For Prez!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the team he took over in Tampa was loaded already on both defense and offense left over from the Dungy era. Unless my memory is incorrect the Bucs had a top 10 defense all time (points given up) that season.

In reality Gruden's pretty much a career .500 head coach, regular season and playoffs. The only difference between him and Jeff Fisher is he won a SuperBowl.

Yes they were loaded. Point being Gruden had way more pressure on him coming into Tampa than anyone going to the 9ers. He was a hot shot young coach and they gave up 4 draft picks, $8 million, and just fired Dungy. It was Superbowl or bust.

None of it was a comment on how talented a coach he was.

Fisher is a can and the king of mediocrity

Was it a fair comparison?

Fisher
162-147 (.524) regular season
5-6 playoffs

Gruden
95-81 (.540) regular season
5-4 playoffs

Yes they were loaded. Point being Gruden had way more pressure on him coming into Tampa than anyone going to the 9ers. He was a hot shot young coach and they gave up 4 draft picks, $8 million, and just fired Dungy. It was Superbowl or bust.

None of it was a comment on how talented a coach he was.

Point taken. I found the link. I knew the Bucs defense was incredible that year. According to the text, 'only giving up 12.2 PPG on defense when the league average was 21.7 that season'.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...ses-in-history-seattle-seahawks-chicago-bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back