NFL Discussion v.28: Not like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a great game. Good on you Cardinals.

Wilson played a great game considering he was sacked 6 times and hit on 14 drop backs. Too bad the defense shit the bed on him.

With the college players not playing in Bowl games, shouldn't NFL players on teams that are out of the playoffs refuse to play in meaningless games? We've seen the injuries. Why should players risk their careers for nothing?

With the college players not playing in Bowl games, shouldn't NFL players on teams that are out of the playoffs refuse to play in meaningless games? We've seen the injuries. Why should players risk their careers for nothing?

I wouldn't play in the Pro Bowl. It isn't worth the risk. Tyler Eifert lost 7 weeks because of last year's Pro Bowl.

There harping on the Seachickens missed extra point but that didn't cost them the game because they still would have lost by 2.

So Carr and mariota with broken fibulas today?

NFL players are already getting paid so it is completely different. If the people writing their checks want to hold them out then that's their decision, but they would have to answer to the people that already bought tickets for the meaningless games.

I wouldn't play in the Pro Bowl. It isn't worth the risk. Tyler Eifert lost 7 weeks because of last year's Pro Bowl.

Most players don't play in the pro bowl even the ones that do go but I'm referring to next weeks games.

Most players don't play in the pro bowl even the ones that do go but I'm referring to next weeks games.

Next week's game is important for fringe players to make one last impression to secure a roster spot in training camp and most players would lose a large portion of their check by not playing.

NFL players are already getting paid so it is completely different. If the people writing their checks want to hold them out then that's their decision, but they would have to answer to the people that already bought tickets for the meaningless games.

People buy tickets for the bowl games and the student athletes get paid by scholarship.

People buy tickets for the bowl games and the student athletes get paid by scholarship.
It's an extra curricular activity which they can choose not to participate in. It is not the same as a legal contract which includes labor in exchange for financial compensation. "Student" Athletes get screwed so I have no problems with the guys that are sitting out, but not fulfilling your job duties as a paid employee is a different story.

I feel for you guys. Not the price you want to pay for a win.
Ya. Unfortunate part of the sport.

Crazy ending for how completely dominant their o-line has been.

Ya. Unfortunate part of the sport.

Crazy ending for how completely dominant their o-line has been.

I'm holding out hope that they can put together a game plan for Mcgloin to be successful. He's played well at times and I can't think of an offensive starter that was on the team when he last started. Talent level is night and day from 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back