NFL Discussion: Running Backs are worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bring me into this Mr. "The only thing concerning to me about Junior Gallette is his knee"
Achilles*

Totally the same situation though lol.

Not sure if this is good or bad.

From the perspective of the DA it's good. Allows them to work the case without the media taking soundbites and cutting it up to make it sound like they said something they didn't.

From the perspective of the DA it's good. Allows them to work the case without the media taking soundbites and cutting it up to make it sound like they said something they didn't.

He's going through like 6 dates until he pleas. DA is already talking to his attorney

He's going through like 6 dates until he pleas. DA is already talking to his attorney
Probably what we call up here a "Fast Track" case. Like, instant drop at least one level in the charges for the sake of completing the case quick

Probably what we call up here a "Fast Track" case. Like, instant drop at least one level in the charges for the sake of completing the case quick

Good call.

How's work going?

Good call.

How's work going?
Decent.

Guy I know from my time doing Muay Thai is re-opening a nightclub in our town that shut down about 9 months ago and asked if I'd be willing to bounce 2-3 nights (like Thursday through Saturday).

9pm - 3am at $15 an hour plus 3% of all profits of the bar split between the security guys?

Yeah, I'm down for a second job. Told him though probably can't go till 3am on a Thursday night cause of my grown up job.

Bet you’re glad he’s won as many mvps as them too lmao
Im glad he attempts to recover fumbles.
fraidycam.0.gif

A preliminary hearing is set for Thursday, May 17 at 9 a.m.

The alleged victim, Elissa Ennis, recanted the accusations she originally provided to police. On April 24, she released a statement through her attorney that said the charges against Foster were “based on lies.” She said the injuries she sustained, including a ruptured ear drum, were the result of a fight with another woman. The DA’s office has videotape of the alleged fight involving the two women.

“It’s fair to assume the videotape is the centerpiece of this case, and the prosecution wants to carefully review it and make sure it’s authentic,” said Steve Clark, legal analyst, a former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney.

Now, the DA’s office must proceed quickly and get ready for the preliminary hearing. Neither Bentley nor the DA’s office was available for comment following Tuesday’s hearing.

“What you saw today was Reuben Foster saying, ‘I’m ready for court and I want my day in court.’ And they will now have to move forward with the preliminary hearing on May 17th or the DA may have to dismiss the case,” Clark said.

“This is a gamble worth taking for Reuben Foster because he’s up against a time situation with the 49ers. There’s a lot of pressure to get this case resolved, and I think they are ready for their preliminary hearing.”

Clark said he expects Ennis, Foster’s former girlfriend, to be in court on May 17.

“My sense of it is, the accuser will be here in court, that there is a possibility she will testify,” he said. “That will be a very dynamic proceeding because if she says she lied initially, under oath, that is something that will be prosecutable. She’s putting herself in harm’s way.

“The question would be, is it more important to get the story right that she told or is she going to say she’s not going to take the stand because I have a Fifth Amendment privilege? But I think the accuser will be here. Whether she testifies or not I think has yet to be determined.”

Clark said he does not believe the DA’s office would pursue criminal charges against Ennis, especially if there is “some element of accuracy” in her initial report to the police, he said.

No mention of the two witnesses is very interesting imo. I believe it was a passer by she flagged down, and someone she called from the passer by’s phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back