Next title fights, who will lose the belt?

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Miocic vs Ngannou 2 - Ngannou destroyed Blaydes, Velasquez and JDS in 1 minute. He must be next. Since Stipe loss and Lewis sparring match Francis improved his wrestling and he's much better fighter who is just hitting at his prime. In first fight I think Ngannou wasn't prepared as he should (weight, short camp in France) and he was overaggressive in first round. Miocic have mental advantage because he beat him on the feet and on the ground. Prediction: Ngannou knocks Miocic out in rematch.

Jones vs Błachowicz - Jones wants to fight in december so Jan is the only option. Corey vs Walker & Reyes vs Weidman fights are booked. Thiago Santos is injured. DC was KOed by Stipe. Jones won't move to heavyweight I'm sure about it. Oezdemir have to fix his hand and it's too soon for Rakić. Błachowicz can't deal with Jones wrestling and jiu jitsu, but Jones loves to strike these days. Błachowicz have good muay thai and knockout power. Prediction: Jones by TKO finish on the ground.

Whittaker vs Adesanya - Long lay off for Whittaker is not good. 50 minutes in the cage with Yoel wasn't good as well. Whittaker have great striking and he's so fast. I'm pretty sure it will be striking match. But both are great strikers on the highest level, but Adesanya have height and reach advantage what can be a key for the victory. Prediction: Adesanya by unanimous decision.

Usman vs Covington - Covington is younger and significantly taller than Woodley and his cardio is much better. It's very tough fight to predict. Usman have power and strength advantage. Both have great cardio and wrestling. Colby is probably little bit better striker, more volume striker. It's not easy fight for Covington. Prediction: Usman by unanimous decision.

Khabib vs Poirier - McGregor was able to win third round against Khabib and stop few takedowns. Poirier now is a huge lightweight, southpaw with huge striking advantage over Khabib. Poirier is a real BJJ black belt, strong wrestling game and cardio for 5 rounds. Khabib have strength advantage and wrestling advantage. Prediction: Poirier by late TKO, fight of the night.

Holloway vs Volkanovski - Volkanovski does not struggle to make 145 like Max. He's so strong, his cardio is great and he can put high pressure, he's good everywhere. Holloway should have striking advantage. Prediction: Volkanovski by unanimous decision.

Cejudo vs Benavidez 2 - Dana said Cejudo must defend 125lb belt. But I don't think Cejudo is willing to make 125lbs again. Flyweights are done, this division is dead, just look at the current roster, maybe few fighters. I don't think we'll see Sterling/Yan or Sandhagen getting title shot next. Edgar must win at least one fight, same with Cruz or Faber (he beat fighter outside top 20 after long lay off). Benavidez have a W over Cejudo and he should get title shot in bantamweight straight away. Prediction: Cejudo by unanimous decision.

They get a new one each fight. Technically you can only lose it if you pawn it, Mark Coleman style.

Bring back Pride Jumbo checks/Trophies.

Israel and Francis have the best chances

Volkanovski has a small chance

Jan, Colby, poirer, and Joe B have no chance

How long have you been watching mma for? Just curious.
And no, I’m not trying to be a condescending prick.

After performance against Edgar I don't think Volkanovski have a small chance. Volkanovski destroyed Mendes and dominated Aldo.

Poirier have lot of tools to beat Khabib. I think it's the toughest fight so far for Nurmagomedov.

The guys who keep saying Ngannou improved a lot in the 1 and a half year when he has only defended one take down against Cain and other than that just one punch KO’ed everyone just like he did before the Stipe fight are so retarded.

Ngannou barely utilizes leg kicks (or at least high kicks) so Stipe can rely on head movement and take him down as soon as Ngannou misses. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think the result will be different. Stipe’s chin might have detoriated in the meantime and he got hit (not fully clean) in the first fight, those kind of hits might knock him down now. I would still give it 75-25 to Stipe.

After performance against Edgar I don't think Volkanovski have a small chance. Volkanovski destroyed Mendes and dominated Aldo.

Poirier have lot of tools to beat Khabib. I think it's the toughest fight so far for Nurmagomedov.
Max will be fine, going up to 155 and then back down to 145 isn't an easy thing to do. He'll look better in his next fight

A long time
So you should know that anything can happen in mma. It’s annoying when I see people say fighter x had no chance against fighter y.

Any one of those fights can go the way you don’t expect it.
And I have Colby out pacing and breaking Usman in the later rounds

Stipe, Whittaker, and Holloway lose their belts in those matchups imo.

So you should know that anything can happen in mma. It’s annoying when I see people say fighter x had no chance against fighter y.

Any one of those fights can go the way you don’t expect it.
And I have Colby out pacing and breaking Usman in the later rounds
It's hyperbole, relax

Obviously anything can happen in a fight, but I give those guys a very slim chance to win. Happy?

The guys who keep saying Ngannou improved a lot in the 1 and a half year when he has only defended one take down against Cain and other than that just one punch KO’ed everyone just like he did before the Stipe fight are so retarded.

Ngannou barely utilizes leg kicks (or at least high kicks) so Stipe can rely on head movement and take him down as soon as Ngannou misses. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think the result will be different. Stipe’s chin might have detoriated in the meantime and he got hit (not fully clean) in the first fight, those kind of hits might knock him down now. I would still give it 75-25 to Stipe.

Ngannou started MMA in late 2013 without real background, he trained little bit boxing in France before this.
Late 2015 it's his UFC debut. 2 years later he was 6-0 in UFC. Blaydes was able to outwrestle him in second round, but later he submitted Hamilton by kimura and dominated Overeem in the clinch before epic KO.
You are right that Ngannou didn't prove his improved wrestling because he KOed everyone in 1 minute. But he's young in this game and I'm sure his wrestling and grappling is much better. Ngannou was overaggressive that's why he gassed. Like Chael Sonnen said if you want to win by knockout and you fail you won't win by decision.

I'm thinking the winner of Diaz vs Masvidal will get the winner of Usman vs Covington

I'm thinking the winner of Diaz vs Masvidal will get the winner of Usman vs Covington
Most definitely. Dana now has a feasible way to keep Woodley and Askren away from the strap without being taken to task by media for it.

Dude must be ecstatic

Blaydes was able to outwrestle him in second round,.
Not really. Blaydes landed one TD in round 1 and one in round 2. He didn't land a single strike on the ground and couldn't keep Ngannou down. Ngannou won both rounds IMO.

Most definitely. Dana now has a feasible way to keep Woodley and Askren away from the strap without being taken to task by media for it.

Dude must be ecstatic
For sure and it will be interesting to see the fall out if it happens to be Covington vs Masvidal.

Back