Next title fights, who will lose the belt?

Most definitely. Dana now has a feasible way to keep Woodley and Askren away from the strap without being taken to task by media for it.

Dude must be ecstatic

Stylistically Diaz can beat Masvidal. But Diaz doesn't care about 170lb belt because he won't fight with Colby or Usman. He knows they probably outwrestle him and destroy him on the ground. Diaz prefers beat Masvidal and then Conor again. More money & bigger chances.

Not really. Blaydes landed one TD in round 1 and one in round 2. He didn't land a single strike on the ground and couldn't keep Ngannou down. Ngannou won both rounds IMO.

You probably right, I don't remember this fight very well. I remember that Ngannou beat him on the feet and smashed his eye that's why he won by doctor stoppage. But I remember like you said 2 takedowns by Curtis. Blaydes didn't land any strikes on the ground like you said and even Miocic had a problem to land big shots on top and control Ngannou on the ground. Miocic dominated him 50-45 or 50-44, but it was little bit like Velasquez vs JDS II. Velasquez was able to outwresle him and outstrike him, but in later rounds he had some problems and was tired as well (I'm talking about second not third fight). Ngannou can fight with Stipe again now and 2 years is a lot of time to prepare for wrestling and striking exchanges against Stipe.

You shouldn't make any bets with those predications, unless you wanna end up broke.

For sure and it will be interesting to see the fall out if it happens to be Covington vs Masvidal.
If my best friend and I somehow both made it to a titlefight thru such different trajectories, I'd like to think we'd throw down something fierce and have the most epic "post fist fight round of drinks" in history.
Like, the prestige and gravity would make the fallout worth it.

Khabib vs Poirier - McGregor was able to win third round against Khabib and stop few takedowns. Poirier now is a huge lightweight, southpaw with huge striking advantage over Khabib. Poirier is a real BJJ black belt, strong wrestling game and cardio for 5 rounds. Khabib have strength advantage and wrestling advantage. Prediction: Poirier by late TKO, fight of the night.
Won a round by cheating multiple times? Get the fuck outta here.

Stylistically Diaz can beat Masvidal. But Diaz doesn't care about 170lb belt because he won't fight with Colby or Usman. He knows they probably outwrestle him and destroy him on the ground. Diaz prefers beat Masvidal and then Conor again. More money & bigger chances.

You probably right, I don't remember this fight very well. I remember that Ngannou beat him on the feet and smashed his eye that's why he won by doctor stoppage. But I remember like you said 2 takedowns by Curtis. Blaydes didn't land any strikes on the ground like you said and even Miocic had a problem to land big shots on top and control Ngannou on the ground. Miocic dominated him 50-45 or 50-44, but it was little bit like Velasquez vs JDS II. Velasquez was able to outwresle him and outstrike him, but in later rounds he had some problems and was tired as well (I'm talking about second not third fight). Ngannou can fight with Stipe again now and 2 years is a lot of time to prepare for wrestling and striking exchanges against Stipe.
I'm of the belief that if you can get Diaz/Masvidal/McGregor popular thru being must see tv as a fighter, it's worth more than a belt.

Ppl care about who's the best of the best.
But MM/Woodley are recent examples of the belts not being the be all, end all in terms of praise.

It can indicate you're the best _____weight in the world for the time being at the very most.
But I'd rather drop ppv money and invest in the lead up to a main event with a Diaz, a Mas, or a Conor any day.

The belt just does nothing for me in terms of memorable experiences. It's a trinket to sell to casuals. It's a carrot top prop more than it is symbolic of value.
I know that's unpopular but I'd watch these fights either way.

HW - Blaydes - 2 more title defenses
LHW - Walker or Santos- 1-2 more title defenses
MW - Costa - 1 more title defense
Usman - Fluke KO to maybe Ponz or some up and comer 4-5 title more title defenses
LW - Fergy - 1 more title defense
FW - Volk - next opponent
BW - Sterling or Edgar winner - next opponent
FlyW - Champ til he retires

Holloway can’t make 145 he looked bad against Ortega. This isn’t the same Max who was 21 years old making his UFC debut.

Stipe- Ngannou rematch if i had to guess
Jones- Reyes, Santos, or Walker
Whittaker- Good chance he losses to Israel
Usman- Colby
Khabib- Dustin
Holloway- .. no idea
I dont even know who the other champs are

khabib ain't losing to Dustin. Dustin's wrastlin' ain't on that level.

usman colby, is a toss up.

I think whittaker is going to suprise israel, he is a much better striker than people think and he can put big men down.

I think kahbib easily taks Poirier, who has been chinny and with no heart most of his career. He looks great when he is winning, but a little adversity and he folds.
JJ - he beats everyone still, if he even cares to fight
Holloway and Vlok is another good one, but I feel this will cement Holloways greatness
HW, yeah its HW, so anyone in the top 25 might be champ

Ngannou wins the stipe rematch

Walker KO’s jones

I can’t see anyone beating Whittaker atm

Colby beats fakenewsman

Ferg beats khabib

Max holds the title until he eventually moves up

Can’t see anyone beating cejudo at BW and FLW

Israel and Francis have the best chances

Volkanovski has a small chance

Jan, Colby, poirer, and Joe B have no chance
Israel has ZERO chance of winning....and francis isnt fighting...Stipe has to fight Lewis and coast for a year.....FC to this day hasnt fought Francis and you couldnt melt him down to this day and pour him on him.....

The current people who have belts have a decent chance of losing it except for Jones and Holloway

gun to my head, I would say Israel. A couple guys have roads to victory.

Well there's 2 185 champs one of them is losing their belt. I'm pretty sure Holloway's losing his to Volk don't think I ever have ever been more confident in a challenger's victory. Oh and Henry one way or another is losing at least one belt within the next few months.

Jones, Marty, Khabib and Stipe should be favored in their next defenses. I think Tony would take Khabib's belt though but that ain't next.

The guys who keep saying Ngannou improved a lot in the 1 and a half year when he has only defended one take down against Cain and other than that just one punch KO’ed everyone just like he did before the Stipe fight are so retarded.

Ngannou barely utilizes leg kicks (or at least high kicks) so Stipe can rely on head movement and take him down as soon as Ngannou misses. I haven’t seen anything that makes me think the result will be different. Stipe’s chin might have detoriated in the meantime and he got hit (not fully clean) in the first fight, those kind of hits might knock him down now. I would still give it 75-25 to Stipe.
I agree. I think it's about the same as it was last time. Ngannou has a punchers chance, Stipe probably wins in a similar fashion as the first fight unless Ngannou catches him

Back