Next opponent for Islam Makhachev

zippo88

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who do you guys think Islam Makhachev will face in his next fight? It looked like it was going to be Kevin Lee but he is fighting Oliveira instead. I wrote some of my thoughts on this topic here: https://khabibmcgregor.com/who-will-islam-makhachev-fight-next/.

Makhachev vs Gillespie or Makhachev vs Iaquinta are the fights to make in my opinion. Thoughts?

UPD: there are rumors from sources in Russia that Makhachev vs Ferreira in the works for UFC 249 or one of the events in Brazil.

Last edited:
They won't give him a ranked opponent so it will probably be Drew Dober

I think Iaquinta and Gillespie are both still on medical suspension?

In terms of who can fight soonest from among those that make sense, I think its Diego Ferreira

Diego Ferreira.

Ferreira is going to move up now since he beat Pettis. Pettis was #11 ranked. Don’t you think Ferreira would rather wait until Felder vs Hooker fight takes place and then he’ll fight a loser of that fight?

These rankings are absolutely absurd. A fact that Cowboy is #5 is absolutely ridiculous when there are literally 10-15 guys that would beat him at this point.

I’d love to see him vs Gillespie. Salivating at the thought of the mad scrambles that’d take place

Ferreira is going to move up now since he beat Pettis. Pettis was #11 ranked. Don’t you think Ferreira would rather wait until Felder vs Hooker fight takes place and then he’ll fight a loser of that fight?

These rankings are absolutely absurd. A fact that Cowboy is #5 is absolutely ridiculous when there are literally 10-15 guys that would beat him at this point.

I have some hope in Ferreira that he won't be a ratings diva since he's likely grateful that he got a higher ranked opponent in his last fight.

He didn't wanna fight Asian Fighter Kevin Lee

Made this thread to try and promote your website hey?

giphy.gif

Cowboy at #5 is funny

They kept it that way to warrant a TS in Mr. McGregor’s return....

I think Barboza is a good opponent for now. Islam is ranked 15th and Barboza 10th. Mostly everyone else has something going on at 155, so his choices are limited

I think Barboza is a good opponent for now. Islam is ranked 15th and Barboza 10th. Mostly everyone else has something going on at 155, so his choices are limited

Barboza is moving down to featherweight. His manager said that he was cutting just a little bit of weight to 155 (under 10 lbs if I remember seeing somewhere) so they want to try to move down to 145. They are probably going to test it out first before announcing an actual fight at FW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back