Next HW title shot

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
Who have the opportunity to fight the Werdum Cain 2 winner if he wins next fight ?
If there are few options, who will be more favourable ?

Who have the opportunity to fight the Werdum Cain 2 winner if he win next fight ?
If there are few options, who will be more favourable ?

Arlovski if he wins or the Stipe/Rothwell winner. I'd be fine with either one.

Mir lost 3 in a row before beating Bigfoot and duffee.

Stipe lost a close decision to junior. He is being underrated in the title picture. And Rothwell beat overeem already. Overeem getting a shot over him would be a shame.

Last edited:
If Reem wins without controversy, he'll get it.

If Reem loses, likely Arlovski will provided he wins.

Arlovski should be fighting for the title right now, so him.

Overeem if he gets past JDS impressively.

lol @ Mir

If Werdum wins and Arlovski wins then Arlovski gets next shot. If Cain wins and Stipe wins then Stipe gets next shot. If Werdum wins, Arlovski loses and JDS wins then JDS gets next shot. If Cain wins, Stipe loses and Overeem wins then Overeem gets the next shot. That's how I see it anyway.

By recent ufc matchmaking who ever loses via vicious ko gets the next shot

Whoever gets beat the hell up and/or loses their next fight, apparently that helps now in getting title shots.

It depends. There are so many options, it could go many different ways.

If Werdum wins, and JDS and/or Arlovski wins, I think you have to go with one of them. If JDS and Arlovski both lose, I say Miocic. If he loses, I would say Rothwell deserves it over Overeem, who deserves it over Mir. But Overeem is the bigger name, and I could see him getting it over Rothwell just because. Also, if JDS and Arlovski are your top contenders, and Mir or Overeem beat them, does that raise their stock enough to jump Miocic and Rothwell?

If Cain wins, you have to think a Werdum rematch is a possibility. But it also probably excludes JDS. So if Arlovski wins, he probably gets it. Even if they want to do a rematch wtih Cain and Rothwell, I think they would probably rather give it to a bigger name like Overeem. So once again, I can see him jumping over Rothwell.

I mean, there are 4 different fights that are relevant to the title picture, it could literally be anyone depending on the combination of winners.

Pecking order is:

1 - Arlovski if he beats Mir
2 - JDS if he beats Overeem
3 - Rothwell if he beats Stipe
4 - Stipe if he beats Rothwell
5 - Overeem if he beats JDS

2&3 might be interchangable.

I think Mir needs 2 wins before he gets one.

It's unfathomable that Cain is fighting for the title again. He didn't fight for 2 years, got absolutely bitch slapped and he's back in. What happens if he wins and then gets hurt again. Another interim title?

Really really STUPID move on UFC's part.

IF cain wins the division will continue to be stuck in neutral for another year as Werdum will get the automatic rematch.

Putting Cain back in immediately after he got so smashed is a bad move for the sport and for fans.

Every fan should be praying that fabricio ruins him again Edgar/Penn style.

Werdum Cain winner vs Werdum Cain loser.

people are saying Mir? I guess it wouldn't surprise me anymore :icon_lol:

Back