Next for Junior Dos Santos?

Loser of Big Foot and Teh Reem

I could live with that... but I hate to see Bigfoot get KO'd twice in 6 months. Maybe he'll show up and surprise everybody.... Leg kick Overeem all day.

If Reem loses to Silva, it's JDS-Reem for sure.

If Silva loses (much more likely), it's Struve-Hunt winner for JDS.

Not dominant... they were close rounds... but Browne won at least 2 of them.

With the 1 point deduction factored in I take it. Browne did nothing in the 3rd round, I was very disappointed because I too thought he could be a future title contender. His loss against Bigfoot sealed the deal for me, he's just not there yet, even if he was injured.

With the 1 point deduction factored in I take it. Browne did nothing in the 3rd round, I was very disappointed because I too thought he could be a future title contender. His loss against Bigfoot sealed the deal for me, he's just not there yet, even if he was injured.

Watch the Browne-Bigfoot fight again... He was fine until he threw the stupid cheerleader kick. Destroyed his muscle. He basically was just hobbling around until Bigfoot waded in for a big shot. Had nothing to do with skill.

If Reem loses to Silva, it's JDS-Reem for sure.

If Silva loses (much more likely), it's Struve-Hunt winner for JDS.

Huh? Struve will most likely submit big mark.... they aren't going to do JDS-Struve 2.

Huh? Struve will most likely submit big mark.... they aren't going to do JDS-Struve 2.

Agreed. Struve's going to have to retire before he hits 30 with all the knockouts he's already taken.

Not sure anybody can win with 1 leg... 1 arm maybe but not 1 leg.

At the same time, it wasn't like it was a freak accident. I see it like wwhen Gray Maynard KO'ed himself, he didn't win the fight. He may have otherwise, but the injury was his fault

I don't compare it to the type of accidental injury that occurred in the Silva/Cote or Ludwig/Mills fights. Those were accidental and couldn't be helped. Travis really caused his own injury by his ridiculous foot movement attempts

Cain vs Reem
JDS vs Kongo or Rothwell (if he beats GG)
Cormier vs Mir
Nelson vs Carwin if he can stay healthy, Kongo, Rothwell/GG winner, Hunt/Struve winner, etc.
Any combo of Miocic, Browne, Duffee, Schaub/Lavar winner, Barry
Mitrione vs SDR, Big Foot

I like your match-ups.

But I don't like the Cormier V. Mir idea. I don't think Mir does either. I would rather see Cormier V. Nelson.

I wouldn't mind seeing Duffee V. Hunt down the line.

if jds gets matched up with bigfoot, i'll bet the house on junior. if cormier can hit/rock bigfoot, jds is going to hurt him bad!!!

And why not?
JDS has TKOed Stefan like three years ago and it's not too early for a rematch.
If Struve beats Hunt he will be solid no. 9 or 10 in top-10.
At the same time JDS will need not-quite-top-5 opponent to get back on track. But not a top-15 like Rothwell or Browne. Hell, JDS is a former champ and fighting him is a big deal. I'd say Cormier deserves him if Cormier wasn't on track to fight Mir.
So the potential Dos Santos-Struve matchup allows:
- JDS to get a quality win (highlight reel style most likely);
- a huge leap straight into title contention for Struve if he manages to pull this off (highly unlikely), but even if Stefan loses, this fight will answer many questions about his ability to improve his striking defence and generally hang up with top guys.

JDS should get a top 5 HW for his next opponent, the guy was on an absolute tear before Cain beat him, he should fight Werdum or Cormier and getting back into title contention. UFC could milk the shit out of a Cain/JDS III who knows they could end up fighting a 4th or 5th time and it could make for an epic sports rivalry. The heavyweight division looks very intriguing with all the new match ups possible thanks to the SF merger. 2013 is gonna be the year UFC bounces back from the injury bug.

If Overeem loses, the UFC will do the trilogy fight with Cain.

I think he would have been the perfect welcoming fight for Cormier. The winner of Hunt/Struve or Gonzaga/Rothwell would also be a good decision

Rothwell or Hunt if they win would be good. Either one would be very entertaining too.

Matt Mitrione vs Stipe Miocic
Phil de Fries vs Shane Del Rosario

I'd like these four matched up with debuting fighters, just a little more experience or embarrassing loss to unknown that could help the noob on their path

Travis Browne, let's test both guys level of skill due to questionable choice of words lately from both. :icon_lol:

- a huge leap straight into title contention for Struve if he manages to pull this off (highly unlikely), but even if Stefan loses, this fight will answer many questions about his ability to improve his striking defence and generally hang up with top guys.

There you go. Highly unlikely. There's no point in watching this fight. JDS deserves better, and Struve deserves a winnable fight.

And have you not watched Struve's last few fights? He allowed both Miocic and Herman to tee off on him. There's no question about his striking defense, we already know it hasn't improved.

Back