Next for Junior Dos Santos?

bbman182

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Travis Browne would be a good matchup... both coming off a loss. Browne said he would be out 2-4 months from Oct after tearing his hamstring. That will give Junior time to rest.

Honorable mention: Overeem-Bigfoot Loser or Josh Barnett

As for the rest of the UFC HWs...

Matches to Make
Cain Velasquez vs Overeem/Bigfoot Winner
Dan Cormier vs Frank Mir
Roy Nelson vs Cheick Kongo
Pat Barry vs Todd Duffee
Matt Mitrione vs Stipe Miocic
Phil de Fries vs Shane Del Rosario

Other Fun Fights
Geronimo dos Santos vs Hepatitis
Dave Herman vs Rehab
Christian Morecraft vs AA
Shane Carwin vs The Injury Bug
Josh Barnett vs Dana White (winner gets Rothwell-Gonzaga)

Already Matched Up
Ben Rothwell vs Gabriel Gonzaga
Mike Russow vs Shawn Jordan
Brendan Schaub vs Lavar Johnson
Stefan Struve vs Mark Hunt
Fabricio Werdum vs Antonio Nogueira

Last edited:
That's too big of a step down for JDS. I think he gets the loser of Overeem/Bigfoot or possibly Cormier or Hunt, if Hunt beat Struve.

I think he would have been the perfect welcoming fight for Cormier. The winner of Hunt/Struve or Gonzaga/Rothwell would also be a good decision

That's too big of a step down for JDS. I think he gets the loser of Overeem/Bigfoot or possibly Cormier or Hunt, if Hunt beat Struve.

Not really.. Browne was basically on a 5 fight winning streak in one of the toughest divisions on the planet and lost due to injury vs bigfoot.

I agree entirely, except for the Dos Santos/Browne match up. I agree with ^, Big foot/Reem loser or possible even Cormier, actually.

I agree entirely, except for the Dos Santos/Browne match up. I agree with ^, Big foot/Reem loser or possible even Cormier, actually.

They were both on good streaks prior to thee last loss. Obviously JDS' streak was much more impressive, but Browne's only loss was after he injured himself during a fight.

Not taking anything away from Bigfoot's victory, I just think Browne might be a little higher up the ladder than most ppl give him credit for

Not really.. Browne was basically on a 5 fight winning streak in one of the toughest divisions on the planet and lost due to injury vs bigfoot.

Browne isn't in the mix though. Dos Santos still is. Browne should be fighting someone like Duffee, Barry, Miocic, not the former champ.

...and it wasn't a 5-fight win streak, it was 3. Two of those wins were over Rob Broughton (released by UFC) and Chad Griggs (about to be released by UFC). I think Browne has a lot to prove still as far being a title contender.

They were both on good streaks prior to thee last loss. Obviously JDS' streak was much more impressive, but Browne's only loss was after he injured himself during a fight.

Not taking anything away from Bigfoot's victory, I just think Browne might be a little higher up the ladder than most ppl give him credit for

I agree... and had he won... he would have been 1 fight away from being the #1 contender. He would probably be the one fighting Overeem.

Browne isn't in the mix though. Dos Santos still is. Browne should be fighting someone like Duffee, Barry, Miocic, not the former champ.

Dana already said JDS is going to have to build back up... He can't fight a top 3 guy every fight.

...and it wasn't a 5-fight win streak, it was 3. Two of those wins were over Rob Broughton (released by UFC) and Chad Griggs (about to be released by UFC). I think Browne has a lot to prove still as far being a title contender.

He beat Kongo... don't let Cecil peoples fool you.

I agree... and had he won... he would have been 1 fight away from being the #1 contender. He would probably be the one fighting Overeem.

That's the only thing that sucked about that fight. I agreed with Rogan that he was the Blackhorse of the HW division. He did get stopped convincingly, but I would much rather have had him get KO'ed without injuring himself first. That way, ther would be no what ifs

He beat Kongo... don't let Cecil peoples fool you.

Go back and watch that fight. Had Kongo not been deducted the point he would have won a majority decision. Browne did nothing in that fight, he even admitted so afterwards.

That's the only thing that sucked about that fight. I agreed with Rogan that he was the Blackhorse of the HW division. He did get stopped convincingly, but I would much rather have had him get KO'ed without injuring himself first. That way, ther would be no what ifs

Not sure anybody can win with 1 leg... 1 arm maybe but not 1 leg.

Go back and watch that fight. Had Kongo not been deducted the point he would have won a majority decision. Browne did nothing in that fight, he even admitted so afterwards.

I've watched it... Browne unanimous dec.

Loser of Big Foot and Teh Reem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back