Next for Cain Velasquez if he loses

Could he make LHW? He matches up well with Jones, considering that Jones isn't a KO artist.

I still really want to see him fight Werdum, Mir, and Barnett. So hopefully one of those guys.

I want to see all of those fights as well. But for a guy like Cain, it has to be really discouraging to know a win over those guys isn't going to get him another shot at the title if JDS is still there. I just hope he's the kind of fighter who will keep going, because he's a lot of fun to watch.

But hey, he could win tomorrow and then we could be treated to a trilogy at some point down the road.

His problem will be that Cormier will most likely not lose until a title shot and even then, may deserve a rematch sooner than Cain, if Overeem can get past Jds, Cormier will steamroll Overeem.. Cormier is the worst matchup for most all the top guys, the guy never misses a td

IF Cain were to lose, Frank Mir just came off a loss too (to you know who) So...it hasn't happened yet. Velasquez vs Mir. Both top 5 guys, just get this fight out of the way. Mark Hunt is coming. He is here to hurt these guys HUNTO IS COMING PEOPLE, HE IS ALREADY HERE!!!1!!!1!11!

So if he loses, that's two losses to the champ. He's done right? I don't mean cut, just that he's got no shot at another title fight while JDS is champ.

You overestimate the talent in the HW division. He beats anyone not named JDS and probably Reem. He would earn his way to the top pretty quickly if given the right opponents. He's too talented for them to bury.

he'll probably win, so you shouldn't worry about it to much.
If for some reason, he gets upset again, then they will have to cross that bridge. I don't see a third fight as being out of the question either way.

I'd like to see his chin tested some more, the only guys he's faced with serious KO power are JDS and Kongo

I'd like to see

Cain/Carwin
Cain/Nelson
Cain/Overeem

Also, Cain/Barnett would be interesting and i'd love to see how he would tackle Werdum with his dangerous guard and arguably superior striking

Hopefully we wont see him in another title shot after one win against a bigfoot calibre fighter.

At least three more fights before he's considered for another rematch. Please.

You overestimate the talent in the HW division. He beats anyone not named JDS and probably Reem. He would earn his way to the top pretty quickly if given the right opponents. He's too talented for them to bury.

I agree HW is thin (although much improved in the last couple of years) but I still don't see another title fight on the horizon with a loss tomorrow. And I also agree he beats almost anyone in the division. Which is why I brought this up. I think he's the second best HW in the world. It's kind of like Fitch after the GSP fight but for different reasons. Doesn't matter that he was second best...he wasn't getting another shot.

If Jr wins it will be because he has the blue print for beating Cain. A lot of things happen when a fighter loses to the same fighter twice. Now add to the fact that Cain will, not maybe get injured fighting or training for his next couple of fights after a loss to Jr. All this being hypothetical on him losing to Jr, he could very well spend the next few years struggling to remain relevant at HW. History dictates that for Cain to remain a relevant fighter full stop he really needs to win tomorrow. MMA is a revolving door.

Im sure they have planned this at aka. If he loses he will probably drop to 205. He isnt a very large hw so it will be interesting to see. He could also stay at hw and fight guys like nelson, werdum, barnett, mir, struve etc.

It took Kos 3 years and many good wins to earn a rematch. Fitch was on his way before drawing with BJ and losing to Hendricks.

If Cain is really a second best HW in the world, he'll smash through all ther guys and, after 2-2.5 years and 5 top-10 and top-5 wins he'll get a grudge rematch.

So if he loses, that's two losses to the champ. He's done right? I don't mean cut, just that he's got no shot at another title fight while JDS is champ.

Rich Franklin never got fights that would have put him at the top again. BJ moved to WW (although who really knows his motivation).

He's certainly not a "gate keeper". He's too talented for that...so what's next for Cain?

You said if he loses he's got no shot at the title again as long as JDS is champ. Isn't that the definition of a gatekeeper? By your description he would then be a gatekeeper either for a #1 contender match or to JDS.

Rich Franklin never got fights that would have put him at the top again. BJ moved to WW (although who really knows his motivation).

He's certainly not a "gate keeper". He's too talented for that...so what's next for Cain?

BREAKING NEWS: Cain dominates JDS in the octogon for 5 full rounds,

Next for Cain? he gets the HW Belt and will take away someone's Endorsement Contract. May a NIKE Contract

Back