Next for Cain Velasquez if he loses

blkjack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So if he loses, that's two losses to the champ. He's done right? I don't mean cut, just that he's got no shot at another title fight while JDS is champ.

Rich Franklin never got fights that would have put him at the top again. BJ moved to WW (although who really knows his motivation).

He's certainly not a "gate keeper". He's too talented for that...so what's next for Cain?

lots of guys he hasn't fought. He was still considered green when he fought for the title.

Well I actually think he could become a gatekeeper, but for top 5 competitors.

Take several high profile fights while helping Cormier train for Junior.

LHW if he can if not, he can better hope Overeem wins. He will stare at the throne for a long time if not.

He is not done, he could work his way back up, no guarentee JDS would not lose at some point either.

dolceee_display_image.jpg

This guy will get Cain to 205 without losing any muscle or fat!

LHW if he can if not, he can better hope Overeem wins. He will stare at the throne for a long time if not.

This is where I'm at right now. I think he's got to hope for Overeem (or another) or move on down.

Lol uhhh jeez i dont know, keep fighting? the guy will still be top contender in the division, having only 2 losses of his entire career...to none other than JDS. not bad.

This is why championship rematches are bitter sweet for me. I know it means a guy may lose for the 2nd time and his career can be in limbo. I suppose it can depend on how he loses.

I still really want to see him fight Werdum, Mir, and Barnett. So hopefully one of those guys.

Mma fans are so weird they think things don't change ....they do, like crazy so who knows.

Hang around the top of the division smashing fools, waiting for someone else to beat JDS I guess...

Kinda like Kos but much better and less douchey.

Back