Newt Gingrich says the president-elect "doesn't want to Drain Swap" now that he's knee-deep in

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Last edited:
Newt is the "smartest guy in the room" nearly every time, but Newt also often has an agenda, or he barks out if he is butt hurt.

Some of Trump's appointments are clear "swamp drainers", and others are questionable. It's a mixed bag, but I didn't vote for Trump and have to give him a chance.

363.jpg

"We are going to drain the swamp. You know, that phrase started about a week ago, and I thought it was terrible. I didn't like it at all. I said I don't know; I just don't like it. And now it's become one of the hottest phrases anywhere in the world and I'm saying I like it...That's like -- did you ever see the great singers, Frank Sinatra, some of his greatest hits he didn't like them. But at the end he liked them very much. Right? It's what happened with drain the swamp. It's a great phrase. But it's true. The people like it. That's much more important." - Donald Trump on the stump

Last edited:
This is the same Newt who said earlier this week that Congress should change ethics laws to better accommodate Trump.

You mad Trump voters

This is the same Newt who said earlier this week that Congress should change ethics laws to better accommodate Trump.

This is also the same Newt who said, prior to being completely ruled out of any cabinet post, that Trump's "we will build a wall" promise was just meant to be a "great metaphor" for getting tougher on illegal immigration.

Trump voters are still in denial that they accidentally voted for a guy who doesn't care about them at all and is gonna bow down to his 1% bosses.

So is Newt pissed that he could not return to the swamp? Or what?

Nobody can ever come close to Obama in terms of presidential pardon abuse.

Just two days ago he pardoned 78 felons and reduced sentences for 153 inmates. Most of them drug dealers. You can check the list here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...esident-obama-grants-commutations-and-pardons

The names are quite telling....

How is that pardon abuse?

I was curious and looked up the number of pardons issued by presidents. Obama is near the bottom.

I'd argue the power of pardon is antiquated and should not be allowed. It is too easy to corrupt.

i love troll newt pretending he isn't part of he problem. next we will have hannity pretending he hasn't been the fluffer for the rnc for the last decade.

How is that pardon abuse?

I was curious and looked up the number of pardons issued by presidents. Obama is near the bottom.

I'd argue the power of pardon is antiquated and should not be allowed. It is too easy to corrupt.

Obama's been in the bottom of pardons and EO's but that fact doesn't stop a bunch of disingenuous conservatives from making stuff up.

Nobody can ever come close to Obama in terms of presidential pardon abuse.

Just two days ago he pardoned 78 felons and reduced sentences for 153 inmates. Most of them drug dealers. You can check the list here:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...esident-obama-grants-commutations-and-pardons

The names are quite telling....

Ah the next 4 years of "but...but Obama did this!" should be fun.

Any criticism of Trump is automatically redirected toward Hillary and Obama. Guess what, in less than a month there is nothing to redirect. He's your guy, and you have to take the good with the bad.

Last edited:
Trump voters are still in denial that they accidentally voted for a guy who doesn't care about them at all and is gonna bow down to his 1% bosses.

Probably so. The GOP is so hateful they can't even get along with each other.

Obama's been in the bottom of pardons and EO's but that fact doesn't stop a bunch of disingenuous conservatives from making stuff up.

Hillary lost. Get over it.

You seem to forget that in the Trump era facts don't matter. it doesn't matter if it's right all that matters is who can scream it louder and first

You seem to forget that in the Trump era facts don't matter. it doesn't matter if it's right all that matters is who can scream it louder and first

Obama was also lower in "vacation days" than Bush and Reagan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back