News From Mundials

Drysdale beat Margarida? That's pretty damn impressive.

it has started!

aparently 2 japonese fighters closed down one of the division! (brown belt) Yukinori Sasa was the winner...

Heard this direct from the man himself: Gregor Rangel Gracie won his division again (meio-pesado adult purple belt?). He's gonna do the absolute.

Kid Peligro Jiu-Jitsu News . . . 2005 Black Belt Absolute - Field of Dreams
Submitted by: Kid Peligro / ADCC JJ Editor
Posted On 07/31/2005

In its 10th anniversary the BJJ Worlds had the greatest Absolute field ever, names like Roger Gracie, Ronaldo Jacare, Saulo Ribeiro, Braulio Estima, Xande Ribeiro, Andre Galvao and many, many other stars fought in front of a sell out crowd.

The figts were great and exciting, highlights were Roger gracie submitting every opponent he faced including Saulo Ribeiro in the semifinals - Saulo officially retired in front of the appreciative crowd with a speech and a cerymony in which he gave his belt to the victor Roger. Ronaldo Jacare, who beat everyone he faced including an in form Andre Galvao in the quarters by 6 x 2 (look out for him next year in the Absolute), and Braulio Estima in the semis to earn the chance for a rematch with Roger in the finals. Other highlights included Xande Ribeiro v Estima quarters finals, a festival of high level moves and sweeps with Braulio winning by 7 x 4 in the end and Eduardo Telles v Cranivata.

American star Rafael Lovato had a great showing winning his first match but lost to Fernando Boi in his second

In the Brown it was Rominho from Gracie Barra BH taking the weight. American Mike Fowler submitted his first opponent but lost his second match by points. Fellow American Rick McCauley won silver with great fights losing the finals by points. Also noteworthy was a finals between two Paraestra Team japanese fighters (sorry I didn't get your names) making one fo the first finals in the belt between two international fightgers of the land of the rising sun.

Today is the weight divisions in teh BB and the finals

guardpasser said:
American star Rafael Lovato had a great showing winning his first match but lost to Fernando Boi in his second
I thought boi was from nova uniao?! I thought nova uniao did

roger x margarida, and xande x comprido, these are the 1/2 finals of the super heavy weight division!! damn good fights! margarida is fighting in the super heavys, damn he must be huge right now!

According to tatame.com JAcare beat Roger by a takedown in the last 10 seconds of the absolutes final!!!! By the way Kid Peligro was talking I though Roger won it out again. Does anyone have the actual results???

aparently jacare is on fire!! here are the results of the finals:

Galo: Samuel Braga (Gracie Barra) derrotou Gabriel Morais (Ac Monteiro) na decis

The ref made a HUGE mistake by awarding 2 points to this unsuccesful takedown attempt.
But Jacar

Jacare would have won anyway , so dont freak out too much.
the call was very iffy.
the end result was the same, jacare won.

how did daniel moraes do?? i didnt see him in the finals

Back