Newbish q about DL

Wild Dan Hibiki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey bros, i usually do DL's off the ground and i was wondering if im missing out on any benefits compared to doing it from lockout?

Thanks

Not sure I understand. you mean pulling off a rack at just below lockout and lowering to the ground and lifting back up again? no it's a deadlift. Pick it up off the ground, set it back down, let go and stand up, repeat.

A deadlift is off the floor. Do deadlifts off the floor. If you do them from lockout, you're done already.

I'm GONNA SMACK YOU IN THE FACE WITH MY DINK SO FUCKING HARD IT'LL BREAK YOUR ORBITAL SOCKET.

YOU WILL NOT JUST GET THE MUSHROOM BRUISE, YOU WILL HAVE A MUSHROOM FRACTURE!!

Hmmm....how can I say this in a way that'll make sense.....like, dude LOL bro read teh stickies bro lol :)

*Related Post*

I just started going to Gold's (trust me it's the best thing I can get where I live) and the power racks have this gay thing that makes it impossible to start DLs from the floor. Have to start them from about three inches up instead. And no, there's no room in that crowded dump to take the bar outside the rack instead. Gay, I say.

^^^
Stand on a 3" platform. You can pile a couple plates on eachother to make due if you like. I do that to make a box for box squats at my gym.

How high should the Barbell be elevated from the floor ? Or it doesn't matter as long as your starting position is parallel or just above parallel (your quads/hamstrings)?

...Because I have 35 lbs. plates, I'll invest in an olympic bar with the big plates soon (45 lbs).

ghostwipe said:
*Related Post*

I just started going to Gold's (trust me it's the best thing I can get where I live) and the power racks have this gay thing that makes it impossible to start DLs from the floor. Have to start them from about three inches up instead. And no, there's no room in that crowded dump to take the bar outside the rack instead. Gay, I say.

Could you use 25 lb plates instead of 45's to get you lower to the ground?

w00t! pulled a 100kg 1rm today.

my bodyweight is 67kg if anyone was wondering

I look for an open space in my gym and that's where I deadlift since we have the same problem.

ghostwipe said:
*Related Post*

Back