New years double end bagwork!!

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So here's some bagwork at the y, the boxing gym I'm training, wasn't open today.

So what I was trying to work on was headmovement and timing. I did get hit by the bag a couple times.

Anyways see what you guys think and any constructive criticism is welcomed. And any suggestions on drills is appreciated.

BTW HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY.

Edit: also @eternaldarkness you were right yelling "ha!" When you throw strikes is bad. My instructor told me not to do that because I might get my jaw broken in a fight.

Last edited:

So here's some bagwork at the y, the boxing gym I'm training, wasn't open today.

So what I was trying to work on was headmovement and timing. I did get hit by the bag a couple times.

Anyways see what you guys think and any constructive criticism is welcomed. And any suggestions on drills is appreciated.

Edit: also @eternaldarkness you were right yelling "ha!" When you throw strikes is bad. My instructor told me not to do that because I might get my jaw broken in a fight.

I can't see your feet but I can tell you're crossing them and you take too long to get them set under you. Need to focus on regaining balance after your punches. Your slipping is too excessive and slow. Make it quick and subtle like this guy does here:

I can't see your feet but I can tell you're crossing them and you take too long to get them set under you. Need to focus on regaining balance after your punches. Your slipping is too excessive and slow. Make it quick and subtle like this guy does here:

So work on regaining balance. And faster slips. I think I'm leaning too much is that right?

So work on regaining balance. And faster slips. I think I'm leaning too much is that right?
yeah, way too far. And you kinda stay there too long. And what you're doing at :58 is a terrible habit. Treat the bag like it's a live opponent who is prepared to hit back.

yeah, way too far. And you kinda stay there too long. And what you're doing at :58 is a terrible habit. Treat the bag like it's a live opponent who is prepared to hit back.

Alright thanks for the feed back.

I'm wondering if people have some things to say about me on the double end bag or they just don't have anything else to add.

I'm wondering if people have some things to say about me on the double end bag or they just don't have anything else to add.

Yeah- its shite,go to an actual gym and learn. You have no idea what you are doing with one of the best pieces of boxing equipment that exists.

Yeah- its shite,go to an actual gym and learn. You have no idea what you are doing with one of the best pieces of boxing equipment that exists.

Anything I can improve on? When I go to the boxing gym tomorrow I'll be sure to go on the double end bag there. I'll ask the instructor for tips too the double end bag seems fun too.

I'll admit I have an idea of what I'm suppose to do on that bag but I don't know what I'm doing that well on it.

I'll admit I have an idea of what I'm suppose to do on that bag but I don't know what I'm doing that well on it.
you're keeping your hands up well so that's good. Just need to get it back faster. You could use some work on overall coordination. Do you skip rope?

you're keeping your hands up well so that's good. Just need to get it back faster. You could use some work on overall coordination. Do you skip rope?

Yeah everytime I go to the boxing gym.

For slips try using the tile drill by sinister if you haven't already seen it.

For slips try using the tile drill by sinister if you haven't already seen it.

I've seen it. I'll definitely use it on the bag. Tomorrow I'm going to my boxing gym.

I actually hit someone's car today, and now my cars headlight is hanging. First accident in a while and I got a careless driving ticket. A long with my car being damaged. So I got shit to pay. So I got all day tomorrow. But I'll ask my instructor for some tips on the double end bag too.

It's good to get some extra instruction on sherdog that's why I come on here and post these videos even when I'm splitting time between 1 boxing gym and 1 workout gym.

Last edited:
Stop using the double end bag to try and develop head movement. Work your hand speed and reflexes with this bag.

Slip line, slip bag, pool noodles, partner drills to develop head movement.

Stop using the double end bag to try and develop head movement. Work your hand speed and reflexes with this bag.

Slip line, slip bag, pool noodles, partner drills to develop head movement.

Really? I thought the double end bag was good for that?

What is slip line? Is that when you have a rope set up across the room and just duck under all of them?

And what's the slip bag?

I do know what pool noodles is for though.

What is slip line? Is that when you have a rope set up across the room and just duck under all of them?

And what's the slip bag?

You can use the double end bag to work head movement, but at first it's going to be to quick to slip properly on it.

You should be coached on proper slipping technique using a slower tool.

Yes a slip like is just a string tied across the ring/room that you weave under. 2 stings forming a cross will give you more dimensions to work.

Slip bag is just a bag filled with sand about the size of a fist. You stand in the bags path as it swings back and forth. The idea is to slip, weave and duck with the bag passing as closely to your head as you can get it.

Looking decent

Stance/posture: Your a little too hunched over for my own personal preference and I believe it makes your right a lot less fluid then it could be.when your in your stance where in your legs do you feel stress?

Footwork: try pivoting around the bag instead of stepping and you will find a lot more punches like that lead upper you kept shadowing but not connecting.

Bag etiquette. Try not to use your hand to reach out and stop the bag for a reset instead use your jab nd footwork to try and control the bag.

Good stuff guy keep at it

Like I was saying, a lot of the old boxing crowd hate it, but a lot of Thai boxers do it, personally I train with the mouth shut as I have more boxing background, also it can be easy to spit your mouth guard accidentally with your mouth open.

You can use the double end bag to work head movement, but at first it's going to be to quick to slip properly on it.

You should be coached on proper slipping technique using a slower tool.

Yes a slip like is just a string tied across the ring/room that you weave under. 2 stings forming a cross will give you more dimensions to work.

Slip bag is just a bag filled with sand about the size of a fist. You stand in the bags path as it swings back and forth. The idea is to slip, weave and duck with the bag passing as closely to your head as you can get it.
I have a sock full of sand that is duct taped up. It works well for punching and head movement.

And what's the slip bag?

Left left hook is coming off the ground better, and I like what your doing slipping off the centre line and rolling under after the right cross, but like someone said, it can be hard to work head movement on the double end bag.
Keep using the head movement, but put more focus on distance and footwork. ONE VERY IMPORTANT thing is to make sure your guard is tight when your slipping and ducking. When you go down make sure the guard comes up.
Also you are leaning a bit much, just focus on bending the knees, stepping and keeping the shoulders back/down. I like the side on stance you are starting to develop.

Back