New years double end bagwork!!

You can use the double end bag to work head movement, but at first it's going to be to quick to slip properly on it.

You should be coached on proper slipping technique using a slower tool.

Yes a slip like is just a string tied across the ring/room that you weave under. 2 stings forming a cross will give you more dimensions to work.

Slip bag is just a bag filled with sand about the size of a fist. You stand in the bags path as it swings back and forth. The idea is to slip, weave and duck with the bag passing as closely to your head as you can get it.

Ok they got the slip bag at the boxing gym. So that's good.
Looking decent

Stance/posture: Your a little too hunched over for my own personal preference and I believe it makes your right a lot less fluid then it could be.when your in your stance where in your legs do you feel stress?

Footwork: try pivoting around the bag instead of stepping and you will find a lot more punches like that lead upper you kept shadowing but not connecting.

Bag etiquette. Try not to use your hand to reach out and stop the bag for a reset instead use your jab nd footwork to try and control the bag.

Good stuff guy keep at it

Yeah idk I feel comfortable with my back a little hunched but I guess I hunched it a little too much.

Yeah I'll try to just let the hag continue swinging next time.
Left left hook is coming off the ground better, and I like what your doing slipping off the centre line and rolling under after the right cross, but like someone said, it can be hard to work head movement on the double end bag.
Keep using the head movement, but put more focus on distance and footwork. ONE VERY IMPORTANT thing is to make sure your guard is tight when your slipping and ducking. When you go down make sure the guard comes up.
Also you are leaning a bit much, just focus on bending the knees, stepping and keeping the shoulders back/down. I like the side on stance you are starting to develop.

Ok got it keep guard tight while slipping and ducking. And focus on distance.

What do you mean "side on stance"?

Yeah idk I feel comfortable with my back a little hunched but I guess I hunched it a little too much.

Yeah I'll try to just let the hag continue swinging next time
While posture is actually very important and is more complex than finding what’s comfortable Sin has put up quite a few points talking about it on the forum that you should look into.

While posture is actually very important and is more complex than finding what’s comfortable Sin has put up quite a few points talking about it on the forum that you should look into.

Ok I'll look into it.

Ok they got the slip bag at the boxing gym. So that's good.

Yeah I'll try to just let the hag continue swinging next time.

Ok got it keep guard tight while slipping and ducking. And focus on distance.

What do you mean "side on stance"?
Your standing fairly side on. That is good, standing too square is bad in boxing. I was just saying your stance looks pretty good, posture could use a little work though.

Your standing fairly side on. That is good, standing too square is bad in boxing. I was just saying your stance looks pretty good, posture could use a little work though.

Yeah I'm going to work on my posture. I should stay a little more upright I just like to keep my chin down and I feel like being hunched helps with that shit. But I think I was a little too hunched.

Ok I'll look into it.
Two reasons posture is vitally important, it affects balance and recovery and can destroy your back and shoulders if you overuse your shoulders when punching. (I wrecked my shoulder from shrugging too much when punching and it took years to recover).

Two reasons posture is vitally important, it affects balance and recovery and can destroy your back and shoulders if you overuse your shoulders when punching. (I wrecked my shoulder from shrugging too much when punching and it took years to recover).

Well that's a really good reason lol don't want to have to end a career the min I turn 30.

I also have a shadowspar video. I think I was less hunched in there.

Yeah I'm going to work on my posture. I should stay a little more upright I just like to keep my chin down and I feel like being hunched helps with that shit. But I think I was a little too hunched.
Nothing wrong with fighting from a low or crouched stance, but just be careful about bending the back too much or shrugging excessively. Personally I much prefer a lower stance for more power, just try to put more weight on the back foot and keep your back a bit straighter, if you feel more natural in a lower stance that is great (personally I hate when boxers stand too upright) just watch bending at the waste too much.

Nothing wrong with fighting from a low or crouched stance, but just be careful about bending the back too much or shrugging excessively. Personally I much prefer a lower stance for more power, just try to put more weight on the back foot and keep your back a bit straighter, if you feel more natural in a lower stance that is great (personally I hate when boxers stand too upright) just watch bending at the waste too much.

I believe thats how one 6'7" guy in one gym I trained at he didn't have a good stance he was upright and my boy who is 3-0 in ammy boxing just got body shot after body shot on him. So I see what your saying there being too upright is bad.

Well that's a really good reason lol don't want to have to end a career the min I turn 30.

I also have a shadowspar video. I think I was less hunched in there.
Don't worry to much about the posture, it's a phase most people go through when they first start throwing hard punches, it's because the lean develops to help transfer weight. Get that weight transferal right and you will have even better power without compromising balance.

I believe thats how one 6'7" guy in one gym I trained at he didn't have a good stance he was upright and my boy who is 3-0 in ammy boxing just got body shot after body shot on him. So I see what your saying there being too upright is bad.
It also comprises your ability to take head shots as well.

Yeah I hear that. People can just duck down easier and get on the inside easier.
I call backing out with the head up, doing the bisping. He used to always leave the exchanges with his head straight up circling to his left. He managed to fix that after Hendo flattened him though.

I call backing out with the head up, doing the bisping. He used to always leave the exchanges with his head straight up circling to his left. He managed to fix that after Hendo flattened him though.
Never saw that fight, but I guess he learnt his lesson from that shit lol.

I just want to let you guys know that my instructor at my boxing gym actually taught me how to use the double end bag better. Aparently I'm suppose to do continus strikes while keep moving. But obviously not just throw a 1-2's the whole time.

I just want to let you guys know that my instructor at my boxing gym actually taught me how to use the double end bag better. Aparently I'm suppose to do continus strikes while keep moving. But obviously not just throw a 1-2's the whole time.
So pretty much what we told you.
There are static drills for the double end bag though your coach may teach you those later on.

Back