New WoW Xpac Revealed! Legion

Just posted this to my guild's page, might as well post it here too. For a frame of reference I've been a Warcraft fan since Warcraft 2, am a certified Lore nerd and have been playing WoW since Vanilla off and on but more off than on recently. In the past 5 years, I've been active about 2 years total.

Its weird, for WoD has been the best expansion to date in terms of content. The worst was Cata. But that was an expansion to mainly redesign the vanilla zones and quests.

Artifact weapons are a great idea. Im shocked blizzard hasnt opened up something similar to the Steam Marketplace. So people can trade/buy items for transmog.

Demon Hunter was talked about for awhile by the players. I enjoy my Mage so i'll never switch.

PvP suffered hard in WoD. Them separating PvE from PvP abilities is long overdue. What they additionally need to do is bring back the Trial of the Gladiator concept. Everyone gets the high tier PvP gear and PvE gear is useless in Arena. If their intent is to make PvP balanced, classes having counters and it becoming a watched e-sport, this is a desperately needed addition.

Actually there is a very, very good private server dedicated to vanilla WoW called Nostalrius. I have a toon there, only lvl 20 but it's a lot of fun, huge community and only getting bigger, and the devs. are quick to patch any glitches or bugs. You should def check it out, you'll probably rly like it. Oh yeah, another awsome bonus, it's free to play!

I play on Nostalrius too. Level 42 at the moment. I kind of hope the population decreases though. It's causing lag during peak hours, and because of it they're forced to reduce the npc/player view distance in game.

x_pac.jpg
Came in here for this.

Was not disappointed.

I have an unused 60 day playtime card waiting so I guess I'll try use it when this is released. But I've realized it's not a game for those who don't raid or play arena. Who would've thought an MMO is not for solo players!

Demon Hunters are only for elves?

I get it, but no thanks. Elves are a pass.

Pretty excited to re-sub, play the new content for a month or two then quit :p

The cycle continues!

Pretty excited to re-sub, play the new content for a month or two then quit :p

The cycle continues!

Pattern i also followed since the Cata expansion. If they implement what i suspect they will do with instanced PvP. Chances are i'll be subbed for a lot longer this time.

Blizzard wants SOOOOO bad to go back to the TBC days. First an expansion set in Draenor, now a Burning Legion focused expansion. They try so hard.

. If they implement what i suspect they will do with instanced PvP. Chances are i'll be subbed for a lot longer this time.

What do you mean by instanced PvP? Is that not what the Battlegrounds are? Or do you mean you think there might be changes to them?

Expansion looks as bad as the last few expansions.

Give me an official Vanilla or Progression server, and I'll pay $15 a month. Keep your Pandas, keep your cataclysms, keep your warlords. Give me a world of warcraft. Thanks.

Ugh, I don't get the rose tinted view so many people have for vanilla wow...

Saving money for epic mounts took FOREVER.
World pvp consisted of mismatches around tarren mill until boredom set in.
Not having flying mounts sucked.
Av matches would last for days with neither side winning.
All raid content after bwl was not tuned correctly and after the first couple bosses in AQ40 you'd hit a brick wall. (Bwl was close to perfection and a fair but reasonable jump over MC.)
The HWL pvp system was a joke.
Rep for AQ40 gear was retarded slow (ie: yay I got a piece of 2.5, after 2 months I might be able to wear it)
Very few crafted pieces were worth a damn, but took a ridiculous amount of ingredients to make them
dark iron dwarves faction sucked.
Farming fire resist gear for ragnaros sucked.
Farming nature resist for one boss in aq sucked.

suck it
2 tears in a bucket
hate it or love it
i'm not the one to try and fuck wit

Ugh, I don't get the rose tinted view so many people have for vanilla wow...

Saving money for epic mounts took FOREVER.
World pvp consisted of mismatches around tarren mill until boredom set in.
Not having flying mounts sucked.
Av matches would last for days with neither side winning.
All raid content after bwl was not tuned correctly and after the first couple bosses in AQ40 you'd hit a brick wall. (Bwl was close to perfection and a fair but reasonable jump over MC.)
The HWL pvp system was a joke.
Rep for AQ40 gear was retarded slow (ie: yay I got a piece of 2.5, after 2 months I might be able to wear it)
Very few crafted pieces were worth a damn, but took a ridiculous amount of ingredients to make them
dark iron dwarves faction sucked.
Farming fire resist gear for ragnaros sucked.
Farming nature resist for one boss in aq sucked.

I'm sorry you didn't like actually having to put effort into things.

Enjoy Pandaland, I hear it's doing great on keeping people playing.

I like to put effort into things that actually matter.

I always preferred Burning Crusade over vanilla. So much time was spent during that era. I'd love to go back to that time in my life and play again with the same people.

I quit after Hitting 85 in Cata, and there is a difference between mindless grinding and "putting in effort".

I had the best geared DK in the world at the end of WOTLK (well, tied for the best with everyone who had bis in every slot).I had Shadowmourne, Invincible, Mimiron's head, tribute to immortality, and I was in the first US horde guild to get 25 man drakes for ICC achievements... its comical that you think my complaints about vanilla wow were about "effort".

My biggest problem with WoW these days is the repetitive nature. I've played since launch and have quit a few times over the years. I'm currently not subbed but will come back for the expansion until it gets old.

With Vanilla when it came to leveling, you had so many choices. At level 1, you could probably come up with at least 25 different places to start out and while that number goes down a bit as you level, you still had plenty of choices and they all looked different and fresh.

Starting with BC, once you hit the level cap and have to move on to the Outlands, you are forced to level in a single zone. Once you max level there, you basically have the choice of one or 2 areas at the most to level in.

I love leveling different characters but once you hit BC and have to do the same quests and see the same places over and over again, it's draining. Each expansion after only gets worse with WoD being a nightmare. Long, drawn out quests and cinemas with no variety.

I don't know how they can fix that at this point other than starting a new game. I still love leveling 1-60 but after that, the game dies to me. It's a grind just to make it to 100 at that point and to get gear with which you have nothing to with once you get it.

My biggest problem with WoW these days is the repetitive nature. I've played since launch and have quit a few times over the years. I'm currently not subbed but will come back for the expansion until it gets old.

With Vanilla when it came to leveling, you had so many choices. At level 1, you could probably come up with at least 25 different places to start out and while that number goes down a bit as you level, you still had plenty of choices and they all looked different and fresh.

Starting with BC, once you hit the level cap and have to move on to the Outlands, you are forced to level in a single zone. Once you max level there, you basically have the choice of one or 2 areas at the most to level in.

I love leveling different characters but once you hit BC and have to do the same quests and see the same places over and over again, it's draining. Each expansion after only gets worse with WoD being a nightmare. Long, drawn out quests and cinemas with no variety.

I don't know how they can fix that at this point other than starting a new game. I still love leveling 1-60 but after that, the game dies to me. It's a grind just to make it to 100 at that point and to get gear with which you have nothing to with once you get it.

I didn't mind the leveling, I actually had 6 level 80 chars (dk and priest in full 25 heroic, shaman, Hunter, rogue and druid in regular icc25 gear )... compared to EQ it was pleasant, even the repetitive leveling path I took.

What do you mean by instanced PvP? Is that not what the Battlegrounds are? Or do you mean you think there might be changes to them?

World PvP is not 'instanced PvP'. Arena and Battlegrounds are considered 'instanced PvP'.

Their plan right now is to separate PvE and PvP class talents/abilities from another. While giving everyone the PvP gear at seasons start. Overall they are alluding to that their intent is to balance PvP.

I always preferred Burning Crusade over vanilla. So much time was spent during that era. I'd love to go back to that time in my life and play again with the same people.

This.. :(

Played WoW from like 1 month after launch, the time it took to convince my dad to pay

Back