New to MMA..wrestling all my life

GuardGame said:
This is the MMA aspect: If you wrestle in college, by the time you graduate college, you'll have had 17 YEARS of wrestling experience, and once you start MMA, not a lot of people are going to be able to stop your takedowns, and takedown defense..look at Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, Genki Sudo, Matt Lindland, and Matt Hughes who all wrestled in college and look at where they are at now..they are incredible, you can be too if you wrestle in college!

Allow me to repeat myself. Not everyone that wrestles for 17 years becomes a Couture, Lindland, Hughes, etc. I destroyed kids in high school who had been wrestling since they could walk while I had only been doing it for a few years. It is mostly determined by your potential and how well you catch on. Just because you wrestle forever doesn't automatically make you a stud.

What I was saying that it would only benefit his MMA if he also wrestled in college....I was using those people as examples, how it compliments their MMA, because collegiate wrestling is FAR FAR FAR more competitive that just High school wrestling, the intensity level and conditioning is higher..Thats what i was saying and it would only benefit him from wrestling in college, especially if you go to a college that has a really good wrestling team..

Definently wrestle in college, the level of competition is greater. After that I would study thai-boxing for the stand up. Most wrestlers do not like being on their back but you only have to learn enough submissions to win or beat the submission being appied on you. Train at a MMA gym.

Listen to me man, wrestle in college and start training boxing and BJJ, learn to work from your back (right now). And if by the time you graduate college, and dont want to compete in MMA, you have a career to fall back on.

Back