New rule: Championship level fighters should not be called as late replacements

Bullshit. Taking late notice fights is what makes a fighter a real fighter. Had Volkanovski won nobody would be saying shit. Are we saying a dominant champ can't be ready without 3-4 months to gameplan a specific fighter?

this isn't a traditional team ball sport, it's prize fighting. volk is super happy he got paid as thats the goal in prize fighting, he doesn't need or want your crying

I didn't like this fight one bit, should have been Gamrot or another top LW.

I don't think it matters who would have gotten called in, Islam was going to demolish whomever. Volk dared to be great and failed, no shame there. He's still a champion. He saved the card and made it way more intriguing if you ask me.

It wasn’t full camp Volk that lost it was full can of whoop-ass Islam that was the difference yesterday . In the first fight both were friendly and respectful and it was held because Islam wanted the P4P title that Volko had. It was like a exhibition match to Islam . He dominated with positioning in grappling and in his mind won the first 4 rounds. Volko came on in the last 20 seconds at the end of the match and tried to finish Islam and take his belt. Islam realized there are no exibitions and this was a real fight. He won the fight but didn’t win the prestige as Jon Jones again became the P4P king. What was worse is a lot of Volk fans thought he won. The final straw was when Volk was no longer respectful before the new match by saying Islam can’t submit me but I I can submit him or knock him out and I want to finish him quickly and go home. After hearing this the version of Islam that showed up to this fight was no longer thinking it was a exibition and treated it more like a execution which it nearly was. After the fight Volko cried in the post press conference

Last edited:
Strip champions before they go to another division for a title shot.volk is a paper champion now since the islam cloud will hang over him no matter how many defenses he has with his 1st belt

This is because he lost. If he had won, we would be here discussing how great Volkanovski is and whether he was the number 1 ahead of Jones. Since he lost, all this whining arises.

Just a reminder and telling those who didn't see it, Volk appeared as a favorite in some polls...

Better rule:
Fighters get no notice of who they will fight.
Instead, they get a letter in the mail about 2 weeks before, inviting them to a martial arts tournament. They show up that day and are introduced to their opponent in the cage.

This will increase excitement for the viewers and also benefit the fighters by cutting down on training camp costs.

Get ur shit together UFC!!
biden-sniff.gif

Are we saying a dominant champ can't be ready without 3-4 months to gameplan a specific fighter?

We're saying that someone who lost to opponent X at their peak is not going to beat him with no training camp and coming back from surgery.

I don’t know what you expect. If they can’t call up championship level fighters then what are you wanting to happen when someone gets injured and has to be pulled from a championship fight? You want the other guy to fight some bum or just pull the fight completely?

U act like they have no choice. They are adults in change of their career and can make decisions for themselves.

He took a high risk super high reward fight. If he had won, he cements his goat status, pound for pound #1 status, and he got a shit load of cash. This was his opportunity to be a double champ and if he didn't take this opportunity for the double champ possibility, the road map for him getting another shot is very bleek and may not have gotten the shot in years - which he will be in his late 30s.

What are you talking about... It's obviously cool to see Anderson Silva on a couple days notice, now Usman etc

And sacrifice is cool. Haven't you seen "Life is Beautiful"?

Back