new respect for Yoga

sir037

Forever Noob
Reaction score
I took my first Yoga class today and all I can say is wow. I never imagined it to be as much work and yet at the end of the class I felt refreshed.

I'm definitely going back.

Going back why, forget your purse?

Nah I'm just kidding. Yoga is alright in my book. Just some of the instructors are a little wacky. But a true Yogi is a rare thing and they're usually pretty hilarious.

They got a yoga class at my MMA gym the other day. I was very suprised at how many of the people I train with have started to go. I think I may give it a shot.

We do Yoga for stretching at the end of every class in my school.

Yoga is fucken money for picking up hotties

besides the sex should in theory be more awesome if you're more flexible... or if she's more flexible

The instructor was smoking hot and there were all sorts of hotties there. I'm just glad I didn't fall on my face when trying to hold any of those crazy poses.

I'm going to see if I can get into the yoga classes at my school. Im hoping the hotties attend.

I got into yoga a few years ago as a way to rehab my lower back. It's great for balance and core strength. Now I use it for active rest between lifting days. Never undrestood the whole zen/spiritual thang, but if you do a half hour of yoga with proper breathing, you'll be feeling pretty good.

Yeah i watched a doco on real yoga.. Stretching etc is only like 10% of actual Yoga lol. But in America etc yoga is pretty much 100% stretching.

Wado Guy said:
ANyone know of a good Yoga series on dvd?

Dvds aern't really the way to guy as you need a real instructor to position your body with just a slight twist here and there to get the real true maximum benefit of the pose.

I recommend searching just like you would for a jj school. Go take a free class and go to another one, pick the one that suits you the best and go regularly.

Keep an open mind and dont go their just thinking of "gay" crap. Yoga can really make a great difference in your training, life and mental state.

I have done yoga and it helps my game immmensely as well as keeps me feeling good in my day to day life. I dont know how to describe it, but I just noticed a change in my demeanor after a month of doing yoga regualrly.

try it, its good shit.

Right now I'm just going to be doing it once a week, I'd love squeeze in more sessions though.

Yoga is definitely worthwhile. It will increase your flexibility pretty steadily if you're doing it right. You'll also work up a decent sweat and feel fantastic after a pretty long/intense session.

Back