New Rankings: Conor at #3 LW, ahead of Gaethje.

Isnt he a double champion? How can he be ranked #4?

He has 3 knockouts in 3 weight classes. He should have a statue erected in the centre of the octagon in his honour

Meh, you guys can think whatever you want.

I pretty much superimpose Conor into every weight class's champion spot.

I find it amazing that he's able to hold both the HW title and the women's straweight title simultaneously and every belt in between.

Only Conor can be all champs to all people.

U nbelievable
F *cking
C onor

That's really what UFC stands for.

images (1).jpeg
Wow am surprised.fights in ww then moves up in the lw ranks

The double standard is insane.

Conor didnt drop in rankings when he got subbed by Diaz, but he advances in rankings when he beats an unranked fighter who clearly showed up for a paycheck

I don't even care anymore. The promoters have no buisness creating rankings, it needs to be done by a third party. They have too much bias and greed.

Everyone knows the UFC is ridiculous, biased, and a parody of any halfway legitimate sports organization. They literally moved a huge event from Las Vegas to Los Angeles a week beforehand just so that Jon Jones could get around yet another failed drug test. (Seriously, support Bellator if you're tired of this shit)

That being said, what is with all the sorry-ass apologists in this topic?

If McGregor's victory over Poirier from all the way back in 2014, at a different weight class (featherweight) is so meaningful and means he should be ranked ahead of him at lightweight, then surely Nate Diaz's win from 2016 (and arguable win in the rematch later that year) means he should be ranked alongside of, if not ahead of Conor at 155 too, right?

What's that, you say? Nate hasn't won a fight at lightweight since December of 2015? No problem; Conor hasn't won a fight at lightweight since November of 2016!

But of course, there is an entirely different standard for the son Dana White wishes he had (and fellow Irishman) versus anyone else on the roster.

That would be fine if the UFC just came out and admitted they operate like a pro wrestling company, based on popularity and favoritism. Just stop trying to pretend you run the UFC like any kind of legitimate, fair sport.

Conor is a 1-1 LW in the UFC who hasn't won a LW fight for over 3 years.
He shouldn't even be ranked.

I don't know why but it doesn't seem to matter. Cody Garbrandt hasn't won in MMA since 2016 and he's still ranked at BW.

What a fucking joke. Not surprising though considering the ranking jump before and after the Siver fight

I'm surprised they don't have him ranked as champion.

Honestly, Nurmagomedov vs. Gaethje is the next best fight after the Ferguson fight - if Khabib were to beat both, I would then hope for a rematch with McGregor providing that he would get another win.

Fucking lol. I'm done with the rankings. This is just ridiculous

lol
Gaethje is in a 3 rd1 KO streak against ranked opponents and suddenly he lost his spot.

Also lol at Cerrone still being #5 after losing 3 fights by TKO

People need to remember that fight rankings can rank fighters in totally different unrelated areas...

1. Rankings could be a priority list of number one contenders. This is what Luke Thomas likes.

2. Rankings could be a ranking of prettiness of record. This is what many Sherdog fans like.

3. Rankings could be a ranking of how good the fighters are at fighting. This is what I like.

If we go by system #1, it depends how much you wanna see Conor fight the Khabib/Tony winner. Most Sherdoggers have Conor behind Gaethje. Dana has Conor ahead of Gaethje, but obviously he's extremely biased as he's affected financially by it.

If we go by system #2, Conor should be ranked low due to inactivity, especially within the 155 division. This is why you have lots of whinging Sherdoggers.

If we go by system #3, I'd put Conor at the top of the rankings. Some here would agree with me. Many would place Conor a little lower. The most bitter of the Conor haters may not even place Conor in the top 10.

Anyway, I don't think the UFC specifies to the media which of these systems is in place. Perhaps intentionally. They maybe just wanna give the media freedom and then see where the chips fall. This is because all rankings are is a list of fighters, to give fans a general idea of who the top fighters in each division are. They're for casuals more than hardcores. That's why it's especially funny for fans to get so bent out of shape about them.

I don't really care about rankings because I'm not a toddler, but watching people's brains break in real time because of any bit of Conor related news absolutely rules
giphy.gif

Back