New Rankings: Conor at #3 LW, ahead of Gaethje.

Conor is a 1-1 LW in the UFC who hasn't won a LW fight for over 3 years.
He shouldn't even be ranked.
Lost to the undefeated champ, beat the champ before that, thrashed the number 3.

I dunno how much he weighs now. He's a good style matchup for Khabib. Seems possible.
The reason he fought ultra conservatively and lost so many split decisions is because the cut took a lot out of him and he was always worried about gassing at LW. That's not my analysis that's straight from Mas' mouth

I don't see him looking to return to that any time soon

The bigger insult is that he's #11 on the UFC Pound for Pound rankings.
screenshot-www-ufc-com-2020-01-21-17-52-40.png
There's no way current McGregor is better than Schevchenko. Ferguson is on a 12-fight streak in a shark tank of a division, and is 10. Also, Woodley is ranked but Colby or Masvidal aren't?

So then why did Conor enter the WW rankings as well?

Because of the BMF and well-know what? Because Conor gets to benefit in every scenario. It's not right, but Conor gets to have his cake and eat it, too.

Most hardcore fans want to see champions who don't duck the best challengers. So most of us wouldn't have a trouble with Khabib getting stripped if he ducks.

These inbreds are back with a vengeance.

THEY FOUGHT ALREADY. KHABIB BEAT HIM and he embarrassed him. No title shot for you..

Shouldn't be that way but I'm not even remotely shocked.

Par for the course for the UFC.

I don't get why people think Gaethje should absolutely get the next title shot...other than they like fighting style. He's 3-2 in his last 5 fights. His 3 win streak is against Vick (please), Barboza (damaged goods) and Cerrone (damaged goods & a meaningless opponent per Conor haters).

i don't understand

everyone unanimously agreed 170 was better for cowboy than it was for conor

cowboy was #5 or #6 at LW

how is this unreasonable?
Conner is 2-1 at welterweight. Hardly rankable record. Beat a few top fighters at WW then maybe.

We knew this would be the case. Nobody looks at their rankings and takes them seriously.

ah yes, I am an idiot for thinking one win at LW from 3 or 4 years ago shouldn't put someone in the top five at LW.

Yes you're an idiot for arguing against something that is already done. You're a fucking flat earther

Most hardcore fans want to see champions who don't duck the best challengers. So most of us wouldn't have a trouble with Khabib getting stripped if he ducks.

I think most "hardcore" fans would like to see a champ who doesn't hold up a division whilst they fuck off to another sport to line their pockets.

Oh and if the champ can defend a belt once in a while as while, if that's not too much to ask?

Conor = smart business man, above average fighter, charismatic personality, piss poor champion.

Khabib wouldn't know duck if it came wrapped in a pancake and dripping in plum fucking sauce.

Back