New Japanese fighting event "Ganryujima"

Is just me or is this the first time they didn’t make everyone wear a gi jacket

Is just me or is this the first time they didn’t make everyone wear a gi jacket
They had everyone wear the traditional uniform of their martial art.

Unrelated but do you know anything about the rumor of THE OUTSIDER shutting down? This would be the darkest MMA moment if true

Nah what have you heard
Last outsider news a saw was the road to Vegas tournament was a scrapped cause that org they were working with cancelled the event

Nah what have you heard
Last outsider news a saw was the road to Vegas tournament was a scrapped cause that org they were working with cancelled the event
Word is they are shutting down due to something Hori posted. Seen talks about it maybe just being suspension due to lack of venues with Differ Ariake closing and others going through renovation for the Olympics

is Hard to believe that would be a reason for them shutting down the cynic in me wants to say it’s something more ominous

is Hard to believe that would be a reason for them shutting down the cynic in me wants to say it’s something more ominous
Maeda mentioned it being an issue previously but who knows. No OUTSIDER, no MMA

With out googling it Tokyo has got to have the most event venues anywhere in the world maybe they are getting black balled or something they can’t use that new pancrase one it’s pretty sick

Do they need one main like Saitama kokurean Hall shinjuke face that they can their home base

Iam glad they can wear whatever they want now looked like street fighter they even had the one due in fatuiges lookin like guille

Okada has some hands although he didn’t really show it his leathwei figths are insane

Word is they are shutting down due to something Hori posted. Seen talks about it maybe just being suspension due to lack of venues with Differ Ariake closing and others going through renovation for the Olympics
I just yoshinaga post something saying he wants it reopen for the new generation

I just yoshinaga post something saying he wants it reopen for the new generation
He has his own promotion, King of Kings. Not sure what exactly his role is but he's heavily involved and his gym usually fights there

I have no recollection of posting ITT, but I'm pretty fucking proud of my post!

Does anyone know if they're still intending on doing more events? They haven't done one in a while although they're still putting vids up on YouTube. Always like this org rules set is different and the gi gave it a unique feel.

Does anyone know if they're still intending on doing more events? They haven't done one in a while although they're still putting vids up on YouTube. Always like this org rules set is different and the gi gave it a unique feel.
There was the one with Lovato Jr coming out of medical retirement that happened around new years

I think Josh Barnett just fought in there too recently. I could be wrong but I feel like they've def had some recent events.

I know they did the nye show but wasn't that a co-promotion with Inoki's promotion. Some mma fights some of their custom rules and weren't there even pro wrestling? Do ganryujima have any events planned?

Back