New Japanese fighting event "Ganryujima"

sounds like they might sue fuji tv for not showing the event

One of the big conspiracy theories, right now is they don't want any competition for a new org they will replace it with (possibly Saki's Pride 2.0.

Interesting. Not trolling, but the first thing that came to mind when I read about the circular stage, was Chuck Norris' kickboxing organization:

20140321-225343.jpg

They might get on tbs now after they got screwed

tanigawa gonna own sakibara again!!!

I think sumo-wrestler will be dominant in this rules.

So, no subs on the ground? I thought minowaman was going for subs in his fight. Do the fighters only get 30 seconds on the ground? If subs aren't allowed on the ground then those fights shouldn't count on fight finder.

There have been promotions where closed fisted strikes were banned, people could escape submission attempts by "rope break", ground strikes were not allowed, clinching was not allowed etc etc.
... And they are counted on fight finder

What's the matter?

Will this be considered standard MMA and be on their records as such or be considered something else?

There have been promotions where closed fisted strikes were banned, people could escape submission attempts by "rope break", ground strikes were not allowed, clinching was not allowed etc etc.
... And they are counted on fight finder

What's the matter?

I'm just confused on the rules of Ganryujima. I know what Pancrase was.

Headbutts would be a game changer. I would watch.

Will this be considered standard MMA and be on their records as such or be considered something else?

I could see them possibly allowing the fights to count as mma if they had submissions, but without submissions, I'm not so sure.

Fighters will wear OFG. WTF is that?

I'm also curious about this.

Musashi vs Sasaki Kojiro was cool, but no submissions and no cage or ring sounds really lame. FUJI TV should go with whatever Sakakibara comes up with instead.

It reminds me of Titan Fight. I wonder if Tanigawa mentioned anything about it.

the no submission rule is too bad, but i'm looking forward to some awesome fun freak fights coming out of this.

I would be more interested if they allowed submissions. This makes me think of Virtua Fighter.

Headbutts would be a game changer. I would watch.

Groin strikes would be a game changer too.

No sub how does that even work when your grappling? like your not allowed to even attempt say arm bar or any kind of triangle to control?

Groin strikes would be a game changer too.

No sub how does that even work when your grappling? like your not allowed to even attempt say arm bar or any kind of triangle to control?

Im guessing either you cant do them at all, or if you do them and the other guy taps you get disqualified. Although people would probably just fake tap as soon as you used anything that looks like a submission.

Definitely an intriguing system, maybe they will add pins too.

Looks like it could be pretty cool

Back