***New Highlight!!! ATT's Marcos "Parrumpinha" Da Matta

the Mail Man

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I posted this a few days ago in Pictures and Media. Turns out that if I don't have an almost naked girl in a vid I post there it gets no love. This is relevant to BJJ and grappling though. You will realize when you watch his technique. Parrumpinha is one of the most trchnical BJJ players that I have ever met. Original thread below. Enjoy.

Parrumpinha is a BJJ world champ many times over and an undefeated MMA fighter. This is a sick highlight video of Marcos's no-gi matches mixed with his MMA fights (he's 3-0 @ 145). If you like flawless transitions, guard passing and take downs you are going to love this one. Big props to by boy Adam for putting it together. Look for an all gi compilation soon.

Marcos "Parrumpinha" Da Matta Highlight
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2krfiNmv3aY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2krfiNmv3aY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

TTT I can't get any love for this thread. I've had three different people who have seen it that swear that it is sped up but it is not. He is just that fast.

Tell me what you think.

Very dynamic fighter. Loved watching his passing and top game transitions.

Excellent skills. But top game is boring ... sorry, but y'all know it's true.

In general. He's got an exciting top game, as top games go.

Honestly Marcelo is just about the only guy I can watch for top game ... maybe Robson too.

Marcelo has a huge fight coming up soon but I can't say who. Trust me on this, big fight.

Marcelo came and rolled at my school the other day and it was a sight to be seen and not missed btw.

good video,just wish there were more submission highlights.and not so much of him getting side control.But he goods look

He has a great passing game. He's relentless and always keeps pressure while passing, I really need to develop this too. It makes life miserable for the guy on bottom.

But what is a "parrumpinha" ??

Marcelo has a huge fight coming up soon but I can't say who. Trust me on this, big fight.

Marcelo came and rolled at my school the other day and it was a sight to be seen and not missed btw.

c'mon, everyone already knows it's fedor in the absolute division UFC is introducing

Marcelo Garcia vs Matt Hughes, fast way to get Garcia in the ranks.

I know as well.

Parrumpa is the man.

He has a great passing game. He's relentless and always keeps pressure while passing, I really need to develop this too. It makes life miserable for the guy on bottom.

But what is a "parrumpinha" ??

He got it in Brazil. IIRC, it was a nickname from a nickname of someone else. Sorry that I don't have an absolute answer for you.

Ill have to watch the video again, but I dont think anything is sped up. He is extremely fast and technical. There is just no way to stop him from passing your guard. Seriously, its amazing.

I tried playing guard against Parrumpinha but it was pointless for me. He was always several steps ahead and so damn fast! He's amazing.

I really don't think the video is sped up. I train with him and I can tell you from experience that he is really fast and explosive at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back