PC New gaming mouse

Prutfis

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So my Logitech G700 died on me and it seems to have gone the way of the Dodo and is not available anymore (the same goes for the G604). I have been looking at other mice that seem comparable but I only have experience with Logitech mice.

I have found 2 that seem closest to the G700 in button layout (both seem closer than G502 at least) and am looking for input on what mouse to choose.

Corsair Darkstar
Asus rog spatha X

Any input is most welcome

Thanks

So my Logitech G700 died on me and it seems to have gone the way of the Dodo and is not available anymore (the same goes for the G604). I have been looking at other mice that seem comparable but I only have experience with Logitech mice.

I have found 2 that seem closest to the G700 in button layout (both seem closer than G502 at least) and am looking for input on what mouse to choose.

Corsair Darkstar
Asus rog spatha X

Any input is most welcome

Thanks
G502X and Razer Basilisk V3 are great

G502X and Razer Basilisk V3 are great
Already mentioned 502 in OP. The basilisk doesn´t have the buttons I require. Damn I wish the G700 was still being made.

Already mentioned 502 in OP. The basilisk doesn´t have the buttons I require. Damn I wish the G700 was still being made.
So you need more buttons on the thumb side?

So you need more buttons on the thumb side?
Yes 4-6 buttons on the thumb side. And 2-3 buttons on the left side of the left click button. The G700 had 4 thumb buttons and 3 buttons next to left click.

The Razer Naga V2 Pro can have 6 side buttons but no xtra buttons next to the left click. And Razer feel like cheap plastic to me so don´t really care for them.

The Darkstar and Spatha X mice really seem to be the closest to the G700

Yes 4-6 buttons on the thumb side. And 2-3 buttons on the left side of the left click button. The G700 had 4 thumb buttons and 3 buttons next to left click.

The Razer Naga V2 Pro can have 6 side buttons but no xtra buttons next to the left click. And Razer feel like cheap plastic to me so don´t really care for them.

What about the Roccat Kone XP Air?

1722003174771.jpeg

I have a Logitech G300s but I guess they stopped making it.

Man, I still use a G700s. Actually had a second one that I exchanged parts with on the one I'm using now to freshen the current one up.

There are much better laser/optical sensors now, but everything I've looked at lacks that easy access multiple extra button/key layout the G700/s has, and I use all those buttons/keys as I hate assigning shit to a keyboard since it's so clunky to use (I honestly use a PS Move Navigational controller for a lot of gaming, has an analog stick for smooth movement, a d-pad for more precise wasd movement, and extra buttons). I've been searching myself, but the closest mice I've found cost as much as a new cpu, which is ridiculous.

Can you still get Roccat products? Earlier this year, Turtle Beach said they were phasing out their Roccat brand and line of products.
Oh I didn't know about that.

But now that I'm looking at various retailers over here, the selection is much smaller than I remember last time. They are probably clearing inventory.

Edit: looks like they're keeping the Kone XP Air but phasing out all the other Roccat mice including the wired Kone XP version.

If he can't find that Kone Pro Air, the Logitech G602 and Logitech G604 are also out of production, by just a few years in the case of the 604 (2019 model), but add a few more options he might be able to find in new condition by scouring resale or third party markets for a more reasonable price than I'm seeing on Amazon US, currently.

Logitech G602

g602-gaming-mouse.png

Logitech G604 Lightspeed
g604-gallery-hero.png

Makalu 67

Loling @ paying a premium for mice tech that's unchanged in 10+ years.

Makalu 67

Loling @ paying a premium for mice tech that's unchanged in 10+ years.
Mountain is one of the great little-engines-that-could against the Logitech/Razer behemoths, but first, they do have product offerings in that price bracket, and their more expensive mice hit sales in the $20-$40 price range all the time, but second, more importantly, you obviously didn't read his criteria.

Mountain is one of the great little-engines-that-could against the Logitech/Razer behemoths, but first, they do have product offerings in that price bracket, and their more expensive mice hit sales in the $20-$40 price range all the time, but second, more importantly, you obviously didn't read his criteria.
dont care about his criteria, makalu 67 is GOATed at this point

All these "features" that don't matter on modern mice. It's like those dorky ass MMO mice. More buttons =/= more good.

I can't take anyone seriously if we're talking about gaming and mice and need more than what the Makalu 67 gives. Logitech/Razer are using the same sensors and switches and giving them unique chassis and charging a premium for them.

Last edited:
Back