New Friday the 13th Game 2016

I hope this is fun. I donated $25 to this when it was on kickstarter. In turn I get a digital copy of the game when it releases.

What was the minimum payment allowed to get a digital copy? Could you have put in $10, and you still get the game?

So close to getting Tommy Jarvis, a must have character! Slightly over $2,000 to go!

Pre-Order/Donate:
https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

thumb_uploads_2F393d36089d2a3c03e89269cb414e0a9f_2FBackerKit-F13_SlasherBacker_Image_Jason_Voorhees-NEXTSTRETCHGOAL_187.png

Looks like this got delayed til spring of 17 but they are adding single player, bots, and other things so it's a good delay.

I understand they're an Indie company, but I'm still pissed. Most people that grew up watching Friday the 13th movies as kids or teens in the 80's aren't online gamers. They're ostracizing their main demographic by making it a multiplayer only game.

I gave $25 to the Kickstarter and will get a digital download in return. I'll give it a shot, but I'll probably only play this a few times as I can't get into games like this online.

Good news. They officially delayed the game to add SINGLE PLAYER. Also, Tommy Jarvis is official!

is he still teleporting around? hopefully it ends up better than what I saw a while back.

is he still teleporting around? hopefully it ends up better than what I saw a while back.

That was a pre-alpha version, which is the earliest version of the game you can get (that actually resembles the game). Jason's abilities were cranked up to 11, so it was more or less just a vid to show what he's capable of. In the game itself it's gonna be toned down and more realistic.

As for the teleporting aspect, you know how in horror movies the killer always seems to pop up out of no where? Well, I think the teleporting thing is just the game's way of allowing Jason to do that, but from his POV. So it's presented as "teleporting." Which I don't mind. And he actually did it in Part 8.

So hyped for this game, and even more so now that they're adding a single player mode, and making more tweaks.

I honestly don't care how long it gets delayed, as long as they get all the animations right and make it a fun game.

Bots? I'm all over this. The single player is just icing on the cake. As for teleporting jason, maybe it'll be in a general area , like the lake then the cabins or something.

Bots? I'm all over this. The single player is just icing on the cake. As for teleporting jason, maybe it'll be in a general area , like the lake then the cabins or something.

What are bots?

What are bots?

computer controlled AI taking the place of others players, so I can play a round of F13 as jason and the "victims" are AI, or AI jason and me and other AI players. Just a way to help pad the game out and allow for more gaming with it once the multiplayer servers are down.

One of the cooler ideas I've heard suggested was a "Jason vs Jason" mode. What would you guys think of that? Like imagine a multiplayer mode where instead of Jason vs 6 Counselors, it's Jason vs Jason, where all 7 players are Jason and it's a free-for-all until only one is left standing? (So it'd be Part 2 vs Part 3 vs Part 6 vs Part 7 vs Part 8 vs JGTH vs JX). I think that'd be fun as hell.

Will you be able to play this on PS3? I don't see myself getting a PS4 until they're like $200.

Will you be able to play this on PS3? I don't see myself getting a PS4 until they're like $200.

I don't think so. From everything I've seen it's PS4, ShitBox1, and PC.

Can't wait to try this. I'm totally fine with the delay as well, I'm glad they're trying to make the game as good as possible.

Also, I would recommend going out on Black Friday to get one. I bet they'll be less than $300.

Last edited:
Back