New Film "Mid 90's" written and directed by Jonah Hill looks like it could be pretty good...

Meh. As a person who grew up in the 90's, I think the nostalgia factor in film, is kinda forced at this point. It really wasn't too special. There were movies in the 90's that explored the culture in the moment, just fine. It wasn't some kind of unique generation that wasn't self aware, like the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Hope the movie is good and all, but banking on some kind of nostalgia trip is lame. It's the 90's. It was trashy for the most part, but had some good music. The era kind of ended with Woodstock 99. It was an absolute catastrophe, and pretty much summed up the whole decade. The end.

We're really just getting to the point were we can honestly evaluate the time period.

While I don't think the punk Kids-esque sub-genres hold some great relevance there's definitely some really unique stuff that started in the 1990's and the "canaries in the coal mine" lost souls who were the first to lose themselves on the internet, the tech boom and bust. Amazon and Google launched in the mid-90's, silicon valley transformed the world, for the first time everyone was connected and everything good and bad that goes along with it.

For the first time in American history black entertainment created for black people was embraced by white America, modern 3rd wave feminism really caught traction, Bill Clinton, OJ killed his white wife and got away with it; if you're an American it wasn't a boring time we're just way to close to it to appreciate it.

China was emerging as a world power from western dominance. Japan's bubble economy had it's burst. The truth about the middle east was on television. West Africa wasn't some mythical thing any more and you could turn on the tv and see it wasn't lush jungles, honorable tribes, and savages; it was babies starving. SNES homie.

This would only be a nostalgia watch for me. I loved been a teenager in the 90s.. but this movie seems fucking pointless.

Man I wish I could just wake up tomorrow back in the 90s. The best of all possible worlds. Still had good music, the internet existed but everyone wasn't glued to it 24/7. The future, particularly technology, seemed boundless and optimistic.

Yay

*piqued, not peeked.

Anyways, I’m down, I’ll watch that.

Man I wish I could just wake up tomorrow back in the 90s. The best of all possible worlds. Still had good music, the internet existed but everyone wasn't glued to it 24/7. The future, particularly technology, seemed boundless and optimistic.

Yay

Just showing your age man. None of that was new and none of that went away but you've changed and age has made you bitter.

Yea it looks like a sanitized version of Kids but it still looks pretty good though
Will watch for the memories

I just found this for free on Amazon.

Solid flick. Not nearly as intense as the films that clearly inspired it, but basically the same level of acting and storytelling.

Worth a watch, for sure.

Solid flick. Not nearly as intense as the films that clearly inspired it, but basically the same level of acting and storytelling.

Worth a watch, for sure.

I forgot I made this thread. I saw it a few months ago and thought it was pretty good.

I forgot I made this thread. I saw it a few months ago and thought it was pretty good.

The moment Sunburn realized his brother was a pussy was fucking amazing, honestly.

Worth a watch, for sure.
Oh shit, I think I have a week of Amazon left. I've been wanting to check this movie out for forever it seems. Thanks for the heads up.

I’d fill Jonah hill with so many jabs that fat fuck disgust me. As soon as he drops I’d be landing knees on him and sending him to cte city.

Movie was pretty good, woulda been stronger if the kid died at the end though

I fucking loved this one. Tons of heart. Reminded me of Art Linkletter with the dialogue which is high praise for me. If this was the sanitized version, I got to check out the movies that inspired it. It felt incredibly real.

Back