New Film "Mid 90's" written and directed by Jonah Hill looks like it could be pretty good...

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I graduated high school in 1998 and grew up in the 90's, so the nostalgia factor has peeked my interest. It seems like kind of a more light hearted version of Kids, but either way I'm kind of amped for this one. It's set to release on Oct. 19th.

Very strong KIDS inspiration for sure. Probably with less AIDS though

I graduated high school in 1998 and grew up in the 90's, so the nostalgia factor has peeked my interest. It seems like kind of a more light hearted version of Kids, but either way I'm kind of amped for this one. It's set to release on Oct. 19th.

do you know the name of the song on the 2nd half of the trailer? looks cool btw

Hopefully all the actors don’t end up dying or sucking dick on screen...
Fucking brutal. Chloe's mad cool though and Rosario too.

I don't know, this kid looks about 2-3 years too young for the role.

The song is known for being sampled by Kanye West in his song "New Slaves"

lol fucking rappers stealing shit. I see he got sued too.

thats a beatiful song tho bro. thanks. how did you know who it was?

Couldn't they have come up with a better name? They didn't call the Wonder Years "Late 60's".

lol fucking rappers stealing shit. I see he got sued too.

thats a beatiful song tho bro. thanks. how did you know who it was?
I recognized it cause I knew the Kanye song. The first song in the trailer is also known for being sampled in Wu Tang Clan's "Tearz" as well

Last edited:
Very strong KIDS inspiration for sure. Probably with less AIDS though
S1NtEwQ.gif

But for real, as someone who was a kid in the 90's and skated in the early to mid 2000's; I will be watching this.

Meh. As a person who grew up in the 90's, I think the nostalgia factor in film, is kinda forced at this point. It really wasn't too special. There were movies in the 90's that explored the culture in the moment, just fine. It wasn't some kind of unique generation that wasn't self aware, like the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Hope the movie is good and all, but banking on some kind of nostalgia trip is lame. It's the 90's. It was trashy for the most part, but had some good music. The era kind of ended with Woodstock 99. It was an absolute catastrophe, and pretty much summed up the whole decade. The end.

It was the late 80s that EVERYBODY was skateboarding. By the mid-90s it was just a specific group. Also, white kids hing with black kids, but it was a different dynamic. I had more black friends than anybody in my neighborhood because my step brother of a couple years was AA, but white kids weren't saying "n*gga" all that much. Still had their own culture of cool, that sadly doesn't exist now.

Looks decent. Not my favorite looking genre type but looks like it's made well.

Back