New, Evaluate my workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsn24o

White Belt
Reaction score
Sup guys.. been lurking on here for months but never posted anything. Me and a buddy are trying to get in shape and whatnot for the summer... add some muscle, look a little better blah blah

We've been following this plan for week one and two, but my partner doesn't like that its poorly rated on the site... It's definitely been working cause I've been sore as shit, and we both like how its laid out back/bis, chest/tris etc. We've also been doing cardio and abs a couple days a week and rockclimbing mon/wed.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/10-week-mass-building-program.html

Any suggestions or other plans would be great.. thanks.

Honestly, that routine won't get a lot of love around here (and rightfully so), but as far as bodybuilder-style routines go I've seen worse...a lot worse. I mean, at least this workout has a set of heavy squats, and a moderate amount of compound movements. That said, i think you'll be much better served with something like the Westside for Skinny Bastards routine...it'll give you the mass you're looking for as well as improving strength and athleticism to a degree you won't experience with the program you're currently on.

Also, I think it's interesting how different our ideas of "heavy" are...whoever wrote up that program claims right up front that it's based around heavy, compound lifts, but almost everything in the program is actually done in the 8-10 rep range, with only a handful of sets of 6 and a lone set of 4. To me (and presumably most here), heavy is ≤6 reps, and I know a few who don't consider anything more than a triple to be heavy. If 8-10 is heavy, what is a moderate or light set? 50 reps?

Me and a male lover are trying to get in shape for the summer... add some muscle, look a little better
We've been following this plan for week one and two, but my life partner doesn't like that its poorly rated on the site...

Don't worry about lifting weight. Other gay men will love you just the way you are.

Not enough biceps and calf work. Far too much lower body work - focus on calf exercises. Maybe some leg extension burnouts for quad striations. Also, where are the cable crossovers?

I don't have time for this right now... expect some severe written abuse when I get back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back