New Cowboy shirt (subliminally)dissing Reebok!!

What code? That "thou shalt not wear the flag on thine garments because the flag gods don't approve" code?
The military, or whatever fossil MADE UP that rule doesn't own the flag.
There is clear and universally acknowledged disrespectful things to do like stepping on or burning a flag; but there is nothing inherently disrespectful about wearing it.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

If he doesnt like the reebok deal he is free to leave the ufc.

Yes. That was a "code" made up by an entity that has no right to codify something that doesnt belong to them. The flag doesn't belong to the military or the government, it belongs to the people.
In the US of all countries ,it's absurd to try and tell someone how they can and can't show 'respect' for the flag.
Organizations can make codes for THEIR group, but they dont apply to the rest of us.

Word.
Who gives a flying fuck what some stuffy British dude wearing a wig deemed acceptable or patriotic 300 years ago?
Use your brain.
Cerrone is clearly wearing it because he's proud to be an American.
Don't give a shit about antiquated, arbitrarily made up rules on etiquette.

Who? The troops that Cerrone wants to support for one. Your military is very strict with flag use.

It's also very American to point to old laws and claim they still give them the right to do stuff. The US is pretty conservative today, but you don't seem to have noticed.

Who? The troops that Cerrone wants to support for one. Your military is very strict with flag use.

It's also very American to point to old laws and claim they still give them the right to do stuff. The US is pretty conservative today, but you don't seem to have noticed.
Our military guys aren't known for their brains. And besides that, their views on the issue are skewed because of the institution they belong to. Military and civilians are different and should be treated as such.
Both of my parents were marines so I know how it goes with them, but it's silly to expect the populace as a whole to adopt the thoughts/codes that belong to a very small group.
The US isn't any more conservative today than it was before. Don't believe all the Trump hype.
You can argue this many ways, but at the end of the day, freedom beats out everything to an American.

Our military guys aren't known for their brains. And besides that, their views on the issue are skewed because of the institution they belong to. Military and civilians are different and should be treated as such.
Both of my parents were marines so I know how it goes with them, but it's silly to expect the populace as a whole to adopt the thoughts/codes that belong to a very small group.
The US isn't any more conservative today than it was before. Don't believe all the Trump hype.
You can argue this many ways, but at the end of the day, freedom beats out everything to an American.

Then you shouldn't have had to ask who cares. And that's just one example.

And you're wrong, the US is much more conservative today. In the past it was a country that stood for a lot of development and was a pioneer in how many western societies were reformed. These days there's a lot more looking to the past, where the "American Dream" has turned into one of the lowest chances for social mobility in the western world and the richest 1% own as much of the country as was the case in medieval Europe.

Trump is also not the overall most conservative in your candidate elections, Cruz is.

That's actually pretty cool and creative. Glad Cerrone is going to make good use of the proceeds.

Then you shouldn't have had to ask who cares. And that's just one example.

And you're wrong, the US is much more conservative today. In the past it was a country that stood for a lot of development and was a pioneer in how many western societies were reformed. These days there's a lot more looking to the past, where the "American Dream" has turned into one of the lowest chances for social mobility in the western world and the richest 1% own as much of the country as was the case in medieval Europe.

Trump is also not the overall most conservative in your candidate elections, Cruz is.
It was obviously a rhetorical question. ..as in who gives a shit what they think?
This isn't an arithmetic problem. There isn't one answer. My opinion on the subject is just as valid or stupid as anyone elses.
Power in the US has been consolidated moreso now. There is a bigger gap between the rich and poor because the rich have more power. That didn't happen because the American people got more conservative, powerful people got more power and fucked over the liberal poor people. The politics of America, and why people vote and think the way they do is a bit more complicated than most places id say.

Hey
What a horrible child you are!
Hey, I still love those retards.

Honestly, they are the exception..or rather perhaps their generation was. My parent's military friends were always great, solid people.
I live in Japan and Korea most of the year and run into a lot of military guys
...there are some cool guys of course, but there is an embarrassingly high number of knuckle draggers representing the US abroad.

"We're looking for guys going from number 15 to number 1. Not the other way"

I expect to hear this in a few months.

If i was Cowboy I would have a look at Bellator. Get to keep the sponsors and as much I'm a fan of him he will always fall short at 155 and won't have a look in at WW.

Might be a good chance of him getting some gold

lol if this was pro wrestling,reebok would be the biggest heels in mma.

latest

You guys realize that shirt is far from original, right? It's not a new phrase, been around for decades.

It was obviously a rhetorical question. ..as in who gives a shit what they think?
This isn't an arithmetic problem. There isn't one answer. My opinion on the subject is just as valid or stupid as anyone elses.
Power in the US has been consolidated moreso now. There is a bigger gap between the rich and poor because the rich have more power. That didn't happen because the American people got more conservative, powerful people got more power and fucked over the liberal poor people. The politics of America, and why people vote and think the way they do is a bit more complicated than most places id say.

Late answer as I had to go for a drive.

Such a rhetorical question isn't very useful as not caring what other people believe is a road to ignorance, so I chose to take it more seriously. I don't personally take flags very seriously (nationalism in general can easily become pretty stupid), I just found it funny that it was used that way to promote the troops.

Of course there's many answers as to how to solve problems in society. There are also many answers to what the problems are. In any case, the rich getting that much power is what happens when conservative values rule. It's the same here in Sweden, although our conservatives aren't quite as conservative as the US Republican Party. During the recent 8 years of conservative rule we had some of the fastest increasing social gaps in the world. Of course partially since we had relatively low gaps to begin with, but conservative values have always benefited those with a lot of money the most.

Late answer as I had to go for a drive.

Such a rhetorical question isn't very useful as not caring what other people believe is a road to ignorance, so I chose to take it more seriously. I don't personally take flags very seriously (nationalism in general can easily become pretty stupid), I just found it funny that it was used that way to promote the troops.

Of course there's many answers as to how to solve problems in society. There are also many answers to what the problems are. In any case, the rich getting that much power is what happens when conservative values rule. It's the same here in Sweden, although our conservatives aren't quite as conservative as the US Republican Party. During the recent 8 years of conservative rule we had some of the fastest increasing social gaps in the world. Of course partially since we had relatively low gaps to begin with, but conservative values have always benefited those with a lot of money the most.
No problem.
I get that, but in Cerrone's case I think it does make sense considering that he did have a brief stint in the military. (Or wanted to join...tried and was rejected for a criminal record or something) In America, especially these days, the flag seems like a perfect symbol to represent/show troop support. I highly doubt that the majority of soldiers would get offended by a civilian breaking a "code" he isn't obligated to follow..especially when said civilian is doing it to rep them, and has put in the time and money to help veterans that Cerrone has. I could hardly be called a patriot myself by the way, as ive been living abroad for over a decade.

I get what youre saying about conservatism, but I don't agree that the correlation is as direct as youre stating it to be in the US. Lobbying and money is what wins elections. The game is already a bit rigged from the get go with this system. It's just an illusion that there is much true choice. If conservatism has increased, it's at the top level because the rich got richer and thus more power..I don't agree that it's an indicator that the general populace has gotten more conservative.

Cerrone seems to have a sense of entitlement about a lot of things. He expects to be given special treatment a lot if you have ever watched his videos or seen his social media accounts. For example, he seems to expect VIP treatment at the airport if you ever had him spamming your twitter with rants about having to wait. This is about Reebok not offering him an individual sponsorship. He seems to be really mad about that since the launch after being one of the few fighters to defend the deal before it went into effect.

No problem.
I get that, but in Cerrone's case I think it does make sense considering that he did have a brief stint in the military. (Or wanted to join...tried and was rejected for a criminal record or something) In America, especially these days, the flag seems like a perfect symbol to represent/show troop support. I highly doubt that the majority of soldiers would get offended by a civilian breaking a "code" he isn't obligated to follow..especially when said civilian is doing it to rep them, and has put in the time and money to help veterans that Cerrone has. I could hardly be called a patriot myself by the way, as ive been living abroad for over a decade.

You raise an important point. I am a Navy veteran and I know well all the rules about how to treat and care for the flag. I taught my kids the rules just because I felt that it was important for them to know why I treat it that way. I also taught them that they should stand, remove any hats, put their right hand over their hearts and face the flag or music when the National Anthem is playing.
I see people disrespecting the flag all the time, knowingly or unknowingly, and it doesn't really bother me. I will follow the rules and that's what's important to me. I hope my kids will also follow what I taught them but I will not disown them or even get upset with them if they don't. It's their choice just as it is mine. If I felt otherwise my life would be a living hell from the stress of watching just a few TV shows that have people disrespecting the flag or anthem.

Back