White Belt
Reaction score
The members of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Globetrotters share a common set of values:

• We don't pay each other any affiliation fees
  • We wear any patches we like on our gis
  • We are free to represent any (or no) team in competition
  • We encourage training with anyone regardless of affiliation
  • We are willing to promote anyone who deserves it

This is a key point too! "The team is officially registered with the IBJJF, in order for our members (and non-members, for that sake) to compete at those tournaments."

Pretty cool. So people can register under the Globetrotters team and then just put their individual school under it.

Out of curiosity, who is the 2 stripe+ black belt that supported this organization?

Wow awesome idea. And thats cool Jay Pages (the other black belt) signed up.

Sorry to troll you earlier. This is a good step forward in the BJJ community.

Oh yeah? I'm gonna start a team called the BJJ Washington Generals and give you guys some real competition.

i don't get it. is the purpose of starting this "team" set up to allow gracie-garage-type of people to compete in IBJJF tournaments and have someone legitimate sign off for them?

i don't get it. is the purpose of starting this "team" set up to allow gracie-garage-type of people to compete in IBJJF tournaments and have someone legitimate sign off for them?

Plenty of legitimate, independent gyms exist that aren't registered with the IBJJF.

Plenty of legitimate, independent gyms exist that aren't registered with the IBJJF.

i disagree. only legitimate gyms are affiliated with the IBJJF. if they are legit they would let their students prove it on the big stage with the big dawgs.

Pretty cool. So people can register under the Globetrotters team and then just put their individual school under it.

Out of curiosity, who is the 2 stripe+ black belt that supported this organization?

You only need an IBJJF registered BB to register an Academy to IBJJF.

The 2 degrees IBJJF BB is only required to endorse another BB that wants to be member of IBJJF.'

They did not mention to what level can they promote up to.

Wait... how do we then get to call people 'creonte', or otherwise uphold mobster-esque "you-are-either-with-us-or-against-us"-attitudes?

Last edited:
looks like unconditional love for the evolution of the sport over the mob mentality that has run rampant over the years

Nice!

There is no "purpose" with it really. It's just a gi patch and a message about being open minded, really.

The IBJJF thing is not a "selling point", but I happened to have registered the team in order for myself to compete, and I wouldn't mind if anybody else uses it as well, if they have trouble getting registered.

Back