New BJJ Team, open for everyone!

Awesome idea. I might need y'alls help one day. :D

Thanks for doing this. Good for the sport.

You only need an IBJJF registered BB to register an Academy to IBJJF.

The 2 degrees IBJJF BB is only required to endorse another BB that wants to be member of IBJJF.'

They did not mention to what level can they promote up to.

You need a 2nd degree black belt to promote students IIRC.

There is no "purpose" with it really. It's just a gi patch and a message about being open minded, really.

The IBJJF thing is not a "selling point", but I happened to have registered the team in order for myself to compete, and I wouldn't mind if anybody else uses it as well, if they have trouble getting registered.

you just contradicted yourself. first you said there was no purpose and then you go on about how your organization is setup to be open minded.

Can we get this guy banned already? He's just arguing with anything anyone says, devoid of reason or purpose. He's not even an interesting troll, just a damn tedious one.

In case you haven't figured it out, this guy is silverD.

He's got a real talent for being a different flavor of annoying with every new incarnation.

I am surprised that nobody brought this up, but with so many people signing up under this affiliation isn't there going to be a problem because of the "only two people in the same belt and weight" rule? There are bound to be tons of people who want to compete or else they wouldn't have signed up under this group. Who is going to decide who gets to compete?

I am surprised that nobody brought this up, but with so many people signing up under this affiliation isn't there going to be a problem because of the "only two people in the same belt and weight" rule? There are bound to be tons of people who want to compete or else they wouldn't have signed up under this group. Who is going to decide who gets to compete?

Maybe they will decide their representatives in a tournament within a tournament (for people who really like tournaments).

Excellent idea.

To be honest there is an instructor who isn't part of my gym but high up in the affiliation I train at. He comes to train at the gym I train at every so often who always seems to bark on about creontes (probably spelt that wrong). I like the guy personally but I do think people should be free to train where ever they want. Thankfully my instructor gets knows and gets on with everybody in the big teams so he doesn't have a problem with it.

In some cases I can understand instructors being pissed off such as the whole Jordan Schultz leaving Cobrinha and making a dvd selling the techniques he learnt from Cobrinha.

I really like this idea man, you are doing a terrific thing here. One day I might become a member. ;)

Maybe they will decide their representatives in a tournament within a tournament (for people who really like tournaments).

Good idea except the people who signed up are from all different countries so it would be quite hard to have a tournament to decide who gets to compete at the IBJJF event. I am not trying to put a damper on things at all and I like the concept, but it is something to be considered and figured out, especially as more and more people sign up, because I am assuming since they are signing up they want to compete at IBJJF events. Again, I am not trying to be someone who posts to start crap with everyone. I am just trying to point something very important out so your idea works.

There is an overall team name and also a school name. So I think they can split it up that way.

Nice ! There's no BB @ my gym and only 2 BB in the whole country. It'll be great to be given chance to compete. Thanks for the initiative

Back