New Atama belts?

Elliotedge

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This might be more geared towards G and E, but I figure people in here will know better.
I just got an atama belt, and it isarrower, and flimsier than other atamabelts I have seen. Bad batch? or is this a new design or something?
Either way, this Atama belt looks like a piece of fabric around my waist.

if thats true that sucks. I wore an atama white belt and have been wearing an atma blue belt for 2 yrs cause they are more substantial than the one's we are given. t

My new blue belt is def more flimsier than my white belt that was pretty stiff

I saw a post recently indicating that Atama gis are no where near the quality that they were just a couple years ago and are twice as expensive. I think someone suggested there miight have been a change of ownership or something, though my recollection on that last point might not be fully accurate.

^ Yeah..they jacked up the price like last year i believe...

I've heard Mizuno belts are of high quality :)

That sucks. Atama used to be my go-to Gi. I started using them 5 years ago and I still continued using them after they had a 50 percent mark up.

I guess I am done. Anyone recommend a similar kind of gi?

Get a gameness belt, those things are mad sturdy.

That sucks. Atama used to be my go-to Gi. I started using them 5 years ago and I still continued using them after they had a 50 percent mark up.

I guess I am done. Anyone recommend a similar kind of gi?

Koral/Vulkan owns.

Well it looks like im not the only one, so this sucks. I was oping it was just a bad batch, and all I needed to do was order a new one. Damn...
Thanks for the replies bros.

KORAL!!!!!!!!!

I wear a three year old hand me down, and it is the most awesomerness.

^
You wear someone else's old belt??? Oddness.

KORAL!!!!!!!!!

I wear a three year old hand me down, and it is the most awesomerness.

wow..I would never give away my belt. You gotta keep it as a timeline of your progress, my whitebelt is a crappy..old...amber sports belt with no black patch. all my stripes had to be black...it's almost like a kroddy belt and I will have it forever no matter how far I get.

I have 3 Atama Gis which I've been pretty happy with so far. I recently purchased a Koral gi, and I love it. It is better than my Atama gis. I don't know about the belts though.

The gi's are fine I think. I have one and I like it, but something definitely changed with the belts. I compared my white with my blue, and my white is MUCH nicer. Its wider, and better quality all around.

Anyone know where some old-batch belts are? I would be willing to pay pretty good money for one.

the old atama belts before they changed to filimsy ass cheaper versions of the old atama belt.

the old atama belts before they changed to filimsy ass cheaper versions of the old atama belt.

^
You wear someone else's old belt??? Oddness.

wow..I would never give away my belt. You gotta keep it as a timeline of your progress, my whitebelt is a crappy..old...amber sports belt with no black patch. all my stripes had to be black...it's almost like a kroddy belt and I will have it forever no matter how far I get.

It is sort of tradition among some of the guys I train with. The guy that gave me his belt got his brown belt about a month or two before I got my purple. He was like a mentor on my path to purple. So when I got my purple belt it was like a changing of the guard, and he gave me his old purple belt.

In turn there was a kid recently who finally got a blue belt at the academy after about 2.5 years of training, very good player, and smaller like me. I gave him my old broken-in Blue belt.

Back