New Atama belts?

It is sort of tradition among some of the guys I train with. The guy that gave me his belt got his brown belt about a month or two before I got my purple. He was like a mentor on my path to purple. So when I got my purple belt it was like a changing of the guard, and he gave me his old purple belt.

In turn there was a kid recently who finally got a blue belt at the academy after about 2.5 years of training, very good player, and smaller like me. I gave him my old broken-in Blue belt.

:icon_conf ..I'm never going to give away my belts to some guy at my gym....borrow yeah, but give?! nahhh.. Belts show all your hard dedication you put in and to just give it away like that would sorta suck..but I guess it's different for everyone.

I did not know Atama changed their design. Now wtf do I do. I need to order a belt for my blue and I wanted something hefty like the old Atamas. I have worn a Krugans and they are nice when brand new but I think they get soft and lame after extended use. I want something with a good core to it. (I despise the gameness)

Does anyone have an MKimonos belt? I emailed the owner to ask her about their construction in comparison to other brands. Please post if you do.

why would you look for an ''old batch'' atama belt? there are plenty of sturdy belts around, unless you have a hard on for atama which givin the replies of how cruddy they have become id go flacid now.

the other dudes got it right when they said gameness, i have a gameness and its like as if they use the same things on the collar for belts, rules.

i bought a koral belt.. i love it even though the purple color is wayyyyy too light for my tastes.

why would you look for an ''old batch'' atama belt? there are plenty of sturdy belts around, unless you have a hard on for atama which givin the replies of how cruddy they have become id go flacid now.

the other dudes got it right when they said gameness, i have a gameness and its like as if they use the same things on the collar for belts, rules.

Because I like atamas, and I don't like gameness. The old atamas were awesome.

I prefer the lighter color rather than the darker color of the gameness. The old atamas were good because they were as rigid as the collars..

That sucks. Atama used to be my go-to Gi. I started using them 5 years ago and I still continued using them after they had a 50 percent mark up.

I guess I am done. Anyone recommend a similar kind of gi?

they used to be top quality at low prices----now the prices are silly --like those lucky gis

I prefer my kf fighter belt over my old atama white belt anyways

:icon_conf ..I'm never going to give away my belts to some guy at my gym....borrow yeah, but give?! nahhh.. Belts show all your hard dedication you put in and to just give it away like that would sorta suck..but I guess it's different for everyone.

I sold my old atama white belt on ebay-- was in good condition after 2 years-- made the money back i paid for it:icon_chee-- its just a belt thats will take up room in your draw anyway--

Originally Posted by Calibur
That sucks. Atama used to be my go-to Gi. I started using them 5 years ago and I still continued using them after they had a 50 percent mark up.

I guess I am done. Anyone recommend a similar kind of gi?

gameness or even keikios

ttt, anyone know where to buy one of the older Atama belts?

I found one a0 size belt, but it sucks. I am currently using a a1 gameness belt, but the damn thing is almost down to my knees...

Back