New Atama 2005 Mundial Edition

What other gi's do you have? Would you mind doing a quick review/comparison when you have time? I'm interested in checking this gi out as well. Pros/cons would be nice as well. Which one did you get - the one with black piping on the bottom with no back seam? Thanks!

UltimaMMA said:
What other gi's do you have? Would you mind doing a quick review/comparison when you have time? I'm interested in checking this gi out as well. Pros/cons would be nice as well. Which one did you get - the one with black piping on the bottom with no back seam? Thanks!
I got the new model with no seam and no cotton skirt. I also own a gameness and atama double weave. They are all great gi's and it is hard to compare them. The double weave is very heavy, and the others are lighter. One is not better than the other, they are just different.

I have a platinum Gameness and Atama double as well. I feel both are extra heavy, like wearing a suit of canvas armour. Once I sweat, they both get baggy, heavy, and provide a great workout while training. Unfortunately, they both don't fare too greatly in the heat of summer, but make excellent winter training gi's. The Gameness collar was thicker than my Atama double, IMHO. I wish they both didn't have the back seam. They rub my spine when I'm on my back and it can irritate.

I had a Koral single which I really liked. It was form-fitting, light, and tough. I was looking at getting the Atama Mundial gi because it looks like a beefier version of the Koral.

How thick is the material on the Mundial? How does the collar thickness compare to the others? Have you trained in it yet? If so, does it hold its shape well after sweating heavily?

Ultima, how did your Koral Gi fit compared to your Atama's before you washed them?

The Koral fit stayed the same after several washes. I've had it for more than a year.

Those gi's look good to me.

Also, I have a Koral gi and the thing I liked most about it is the pre-shrunk quality. My gi has stayed the same for over 2 years now.

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

Back