New Atama 2005 Mundial Edition

nice looking gi. good to see the seamless back and goldweave throughout. id buy if it were $100.

IMO, doesn't too look to exciting... id rather get a an MKM koral...

They finally got rid of the seam down the back! I wonder if its one piece. Has anyone bought one yet or seen it in person?

I'll be staying with Atama having bought the single weave gi.
Probably upgrage to the gold in the future.

The single weave is a great fit, in length, sleeves and body fit.
Minimal shinkage first time it was washed.
Pants are light and strong.

physicaltherapy said:
The black trim in the bottom looks kinda stupid to me.....
Agreed. Not really feeling those black stitches.

ddk said:
nice looking gi. good to see the seamless back and goldweave throughout. id buy if it were $100.

Agreed... Anyone got one? Does it fit the same as the regular gold weave?

my birthday is on the 6th, and I hope to find one of those under the birthday tree in white

Actually, they still have the seam on the back if you look closely. Personnally, I never minded the seam myself, but plenty of people bitch about it. My Atama Gold weave is the best gi I have ever owned and I have tried Gameness, Koral and Storm Kimonos.

pimpguzzler said:
Actually, they still have the seam on the back if you look closely. Personnally, I never minded the seam myself, but plenty of people bitch about it. My Atama Gold weave is the best gi I have ever owned and I have tried Gameness, Koral and Storm Kimonos.

Actually, there are two Mundial models:

Model 1:
back_200-385.gif

Model 5:
MDL5-W-back.jpg

Model 5 with the black edge piping on the skirt has no seam and states in the description that its one piece. I'm seriously considering purchasing it just to review it. I have an old Atama gold weave and a Koral single and really interested in seeing if the new Mundial is like an improved version of my Koral.

atama makes a great gi, and the on3y improvement they needed was to get rid of the cotton skirt and they did that. If my gf does not get it for my b-day, I think I will purhcase it

It is the new one model #5 that does not have the seam on the back. I personally never cared but for those who do it is cool

I find that atama is great quality but looks really old school. Some people like that but I don't. Just my opinion but I prefer Koral

I currently have the old Atama goldweave. The blue with the American and Brazilian flags on the shoulders. I am in need of a second gi though and was considering a Koral. I have heard that they don't shrink at all. I am about 5'7" and 157lbs. I had to shrink my Atama size A2 a bit to get the right fit. Any tips on how the Korals fit vs Atamas?

I think the new Mundial from Atama looks great. If I don't get a Koral, I will probably get the Mundial.

I ujst got the mundial gi for my brithday...atama is top quality, and I love it. I haven't rolled in it yet, but I will tomorrow and will review it

Back