Television Netflix - 3 Body Problem

I mostly watch mini series. It seems like half of shows planned for multiple seasons these days are sci fi. They're like the comic book movies of TV.

Yeahhh, I think people need to accept that live action can't always perfectly bring to life what they read in books, especially when we're talking about long series with complex subjects and characters.
Even when I have read the books/manga/comics beforehand, I treat them like a separate thing for the most part, so I can enjoy it for what it is.

With the amount of time and money it takes to make live-action TV/Movies, it's just not feasible, or even possible to go into the amount of detail you can in a book. I can see how this could have very easily been a convoluted mess.
I found it thought provoking, and it's got me interested to read the books.

What's the other show you're watching? I think we tend to have similar tastes, so just curious.
Finishing up Tokyo Vice, but hopeful to start 3 Body Problem tonight. But also got The Ones Who Live, and the second season of Halo. I’m one of the few that actually liked Halo, probably because I’ve never played the games. lol

Finishing up Tokyo Vice, but hopeful to start 3 Body Problem tonight. But also got The Ones Who Live, and the second season of Halo. I’m one of the few that actually liked Halo, probably because I’ve never played the games. lol
haha We have the same playlist pretty much. I'm on episode 3 of Halo. I never really played the games either, and am also liking the series.

I understand the need to change some of the casting to attract an audience. But I'm having a hard time believing hipsters in their late 20's and early 30's are our worlds leading scientists.
This particular group got an extra amount of attention because of their connection to Ye Wenjie. Some of the best have already been killed by that point as well.

Just finished it tonight. In my opinion, the series deserves a second season. Some characters had strong moments (Ye, Saul, and Will), while others felt weaker (mainly Auggie). Da Shi was awesome. I liked how they split the characters from the books, making them more personal. After finishing "The Dark Forest" the other day, I felt that Ye, Luo, and Da Shi were the most memorable characters from a development standpoint in the two books. However, the books never gave the impression that the characters were the most important part, but the show made them relatable.

Personally, I enjoyed the story and how it involved all three books. Now that I'm already 100 pages into "Death's End," things are making more sense. I also thought they touched on the science in the right amount. Anything further could have led to viewers tuning out. I understand those who are upset that the science isn't "hard" enough, but casual viewers aren't at the level to understand particle physics.

One of my major gripes about the show is the lack of a feeling of existential threat. There were definitely some shades of it that resonated with me, but the tone never fully expressed how serious the threat actually is. I wanted a tad more sci-fi horror. The eye in the sky, however, was killer.

8/10

About half way through the season and really enjoying it. Loved the books but realize they had to make some concessions for the show. It's been a few years since I read the books, so I've forgot a lot of details. If I read them more recently I might be a little more critical of some.of the stuff they cut, but honestly they put something on he show, and I'm like "oh man, I forgot about that!"

I am looking forward to the net scene and how that plays out on the show.

I finally got a chance to watch the first episode, and I thought it did rea;;y well to speed along some of the events in the first book to lay out the premise of the story. Nice end of the first episode. Have you seen the universe blink? lol

Can't wait to finish it out over the next week or so!

I watched a couple episodes and am invested so far. I don't know the source material so no idea how accurate it is.

Having read the books, I cannot express how much I hated episode 8.

I see other people read the books here too and they don’t seem to mind what the show did; I definitely mind.

Leaving out the most important character and totally replacing him is unforgivable.

The show was humming along nicely until episode 8.

Fuck this shit.

0/10, hope it doesn’t get another season.

Tried watching it for 30 minutes but I died from an extreme bout of girl boss cringe

If I find out anybody actually likes this show I will instantly put them on my shit list sorry not sorry

The only good part was the Chinese cultural revolution beating to death part

mUh ePiC SciEnCe!!!!

How accurate is this to the book? Within the first 20 mins, I noticed that they went way out of their way to make this super diverse. I can't imagine the Chinese would be OK with that.

I understand the need to change some of the casting to attract an audience. But I'm having a hard time believing hipsters in their late 20's and early 30's are our worlds leading scientists.
Werd. Have they not seen what our past and present generation’s greatest minds look like?

I see other people read the books here too and they don’t seem to mind what the show did; I definitely mind.

Leaving out the most important character and totally replacing him is unforgivable.

Fuck this shit.

Was it a character of Chinese descent?

Fuck this shit.

I love the books, who did they leave out

Are the books done? I kinda wanna start reading it, but I don't want to start something that is in progress. I want to binge read til the end.

Yoozooo, (or Youzu Interactive), had one of their executives sentenced to death very recently for Poisoning their founder and other coworkers. The fella sentenced to death also was responsible for overseeing a subsidiary involved with bringing the "3 Body Problem" to screen as Yoozoo owned the rights to it.

I thought it was pretty well done, and I enjoyed the first season. Hopefully the second season does not disappoint.

Chinese people are mad at Netflix for making the show diverse

Back