Net Neutrality is dead, FCC voted to kill it.

RESIST.

PEACE.

Are there any ISPs promising to remain neutral? An ethical company could make good business.

If this eventually leads in some fashion to less social media then I'll allow it. Social media is a plague.

Republicans care about 'free market' solutions only when there's nothing close to a free market for a service or good, to begin with.
However, net "neutrality" is a horrible name for putting the power of regulating the internet in the hand of a small political elite.
The talk about "fake news" and European governments forcing ISPs to block certain contents or force social media platforms to remove this or that shows how flawed this narrative is.

Are there any ISPs promising to remain neutral? An ethical company could make good business.

Problem is, most areas are basically in serfdom to their local provider. The internet provided a bit of a work around for television, but now they've come for the bandwidth, and we did nothing. Cable companies be like
a43ba466124f4670ab545f6458e78a98_all-siri-said-funny-south-park-cable-meme_480-270.jpeg

Republicans care about 'free market' solutions only when there's nothing close to a free market for a service or good, to begin with.
However, net "neutrality" is a horrible name for putting the power of regulating the internet in the hand of a small political elite.
The talk about "fake news" and European governments forcing ISPs to block certain contents or force social media platforms to remove this or that shows how flawed this narrative is.

Those websites get blocked because they violate laws against obscenity or hate or somethinng. Its not a net neutrality thing. They aren't going to let people connect to websites that illegal under the nations laws, and I think that should be within the right of a country to do. After all, you can't import material goods that are illegal in the country.

No one is spinning this. Every one knows this is one of the policies that Trump is dead wrong on.
Feeling a little bipolar today, or realized "but Hilary" wasn't gonna work?

Why do liberals do this all the time? It's a complete myth that right wingers in the War Room refuse to denounce Trump. Denounced this, denounced bombing of Syria, denounced the possibility of him ever wanting to punish flag burners, etc. But people keep perpetuating this lie that right wingers have a problem admitting when they're wrong. They literally made it up. Very strange.

When's the last time any of the active liberals in the War Room admitted they were wrong as fuck? Especially considering how often it happens. Lol. I mean, we're talking about the same people who said killing 95 ISIS members was bad.

If you voted Republican and didn't think that this would happen…

KILL YOURSELF

When are people going to learn that Republicans truly don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and big businesses. Yet uneducated people continue to vote for them because they are the most easily duped idiots in the world. And miss me with the Hillary bullshit because I hated her to...

But hey MAGA you stupud cucks!!!!!!!

Those websites get blocked because they violate laws against obscenity or hate or somethinng.
So it's not neutral, it's regulated. Laws can and do change all the time, they're often absurd or straight up evil and hate speech or obscenity laws are a bad joke when talking about freedom and neutrality. Who defines what's obscene or hate speech or dangerous information or "fake news"? Turkey now blocks access to fucking wikipedia because "they support terrorists" (in the sense of not exclusively pushing the government narrative).
That's a nation which was largely seen as 'moderate' and normal 3-5 years ago.
I'm not advocating these policies given the current situation but it's "pick your poison" not freedom vs restriction.
You're using a service and it will be regulated either by companies or politicians. Right now, the former might be worse but the latter isn't a win for freedom in any way.

Why do liberals do this all the time? It's a complete myth that right wingers in the War Room refuse to denounce Trump. Denounced this, denounced bombing of Syria, denounced the possibility of him ever wanting to punish flag burners, etc. But people keep perpetuating this lie that right wingers have a problem admitting when they're wrong. They literally made it up. Very strange.
When's the last time any of the active liberals in the War Room admitted they were wrong as fuck? Especially considering how often it happens. Lol. I mean, we're talking about the same people who said killing 95 ISIS members was bad.
A truly stupid narrative indeed. I think our previous POTUS didn't get as much shit from libs over the course of 8 years in this forum like Trump did for his Syria airstrike.

Nah, im good. Are you feeling a little illiterate today?

Did I misread you bringing up Hilary before commenting on the topic?

Why do liberals do this all the time? It's a complete myth that right wingers in the War Room refuse to denounce Trump.

LOL Shut the fuck up with this nonsense. You couldn't even address the topic before going partisan. Of the 4 posters I tagged, show me a total of 7 posts between them denouncing Trump. I'll wait.

Denounced this, denounced bombing of Syria, denounced the possibility of him ever wanting to punish flag burners, etc. But people keep perpetuating this lie that right wingers have a problem admitting when they're wrong. They literally made it up. Very strange.

<{Heymansnicker}>

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-begin-rollback-of-net-neutrality-regulations

Whelp, we lost. The only good thing Obama ever did has now been overturned. Time to bow down to Comcast. I wonder what this wil
NOTE FROM COMCAST: This forum post exceeds the maximum length of a forum post allowed to be viewed on your INTERNET BASIC package. Customers who upgrade to INTERNET PREMIUM are allowed to view forum posts up to 3000 characters! You can also pay a one time fee of $0.99 to view the rest of this post now.
Happened on Trump's watch. Not a coincidence.
TPP was actually pretty beneficial to America.

Now China is free to get their own shit going.

Without us.
Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the TPP, but I wanted someone who was ready and capable to replace it with something better, and Trump is like a 7th grader who hasn't even read the first page of the first chapter of his textbook, yet.

We're not out of the game, though. We can aggressively negotiate from this point forward. It would help if we had a more comprehensive plan.

Why would they do that? Internet is not an elastic good. Its closer to a utility. They can all just charge more for zhit packages and agree not to compete so no one has a choice for an ethical company. Then they will carve out regional niches like mafia cabals and everyone will pay more for zhit internet and theyll all make more money, despite the fairy-tale the business community and @Greoric tries to sell about corporations all being rational actors and whatnot.

Back