Media Nemkov: I was flabbergasted by Islam’s top control

Volk is the better striker. Should be a Islam win, I favor him 90%.

Well, ya, Islam is the best MMA fighter in the world and it isn’t even close. Anybody that has spent time training with him seems to co-sign. He’s essentially the perfect fighter.

I still can’t believe there were so many people picking Oliveira to beat him LOL. I couldn’t even fathom him challenging Islam, let alone beating him.

I really hope everyone steams Islam and gives me good Volk odds.

Do u fancy Volk for the upset brother?
I love both guys, so for once Impartial to who wins

Part of me would love volk to do it. It would fucking be up there with one of the true great wins and imo puts him heavily in the goat conversation

In fact if he does beat Islam and defends even once? I would personally put him over everyone

Seriously you guys have seen Islam vs Arman right? Islam vs Chris Wade? Islam vs Mansour? Islam vs Egoyan? Islam has been taken down, swept, his takedowns have gotten stuffed, guys have been able to get up from their backs and keep up in scrambles.

Islam is amazing, but Nemkov started on his back and let the smaller man work his top game. He noticed Islam felt very strong from top, we all know this. Islam isn't some sort of unstoppable God neither was Khabib, they're very good at what they do, arguably the best in the game. Let's see Islam vs Beneil, Benny is a great grappler and counter wrestler with physical strength to boot.

Do u fancy Volk for the upset brother?
I love both guys, so for once Impartial to who wins

Part of me would love volk to do it. It would fucking be up there with one of the true great wins and imo puts him heavily in the goat conversation

In fact if he does beat Islam and defends even once? I would personally put him over everyone

I think for all everyone says that Volk has never dealt with Islam's wrestling I think Islam has never dealt with the speed, striking and range management of Volk.

I think for all everyone says that Volk has never dealt with Islam's wrestling I think Islam has never dealt with the speed, striking and range management of Volk.

That's fair
He will be harder than Charles that's for sure

I personally really favour Islam, but Volk is amazing and I certainly wouldn't risk big money on it

Volk is probably my favourite fighter. He's like a little bull

d22663f1d7510a32bff050a262ba78a160efce6e.gif

That's how you do it.
Khabib is a monster on the ground.

If it hits the ground a few times, it's a wrap. Islam is way too good on the mat. Alex needs to stay mobile and work his range striking to have a chance in this one.

I'm one of the few people incredibly excited for this fight, I think it's going to be much closer than many assume.

Levels… there are levels to this sport.

Islam will show why he is levels above his competition.

Seriously you guys have seen Islam vs Arman right? Islam vs Chris Wade? Islam vs Mansour? Islam vs Egoyan? Islam has been taken down, swept, his takedowns have gotten stuffed, guys have been able to get up from their backs and keep up in scrambles.

Islam is amazing, but Nemkov started on his back and let the smaller man work his top game. He noticed Islam felt very strong from top, we all know this. Islam isn't some sort of unstoppable God neither was Khabib, they're very good at what they do, arguably the best in the game. Let's see Islam vs Beneil, Benny is a great grappler and counter wrestler with physical strength to boot.
Islam has improved massively since his fight with Chris Wade. That was back in 2016 and Islam was like 24? He's in his prime now and he has put it all together. He also had a staph infection against Arman and controlled the majority of the grappling exchanges.
I thought he would struggle a bit against Charles but... he didn't. Guy is an absolute monster right now.

Back