• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Neil Magny is the guy they use for prospects to beat on like a drum

I think Neil Magny takes a decision here.

I mean, who is Mike Mallott, really?

I think Neil Magny takes a decision here.

I mean, who is Mike Mallott, really?

Certainly possible, I'll have to admit the main reason I'm high on Mallott is because he's gorgeous

Was scheduled with Chimmy but fell apart.. got Shavkat instead... Then time for the next prospect Ian Garry to beat him up... Now we got another prospect the Canadian stud Mike Mallott looking to feast on him in his own hometown

Magny has a habit of beating those guys though... I mean losing to Shavkat isnt exactly a bad thing lol...

He was on a long ass streak at one point before he ran into Maia back in the day, then he fell into his role of win a couple, then lose the big one. Now he's older and losing even more often but the ufc still likes to use him in the gatekeeper role that he was once legit in. I think he's just about done at that level to be honest.

I believe the correct term is…gatekeeper. He is the living embodiment of one who keeps watch of a gate. Sworn to protect it…only falling to those whose “will” surpasses his own of passage.

Was scheduled with Chimmy but fell apart.. got Shavkat instead... Then time for the next prospect Ian Garry to beat him up... Now we got another prospect the Canadian stud Mike Mallott looking to feast on him in his own hometown

This post made D-Rod and Geoff Neal cry ☹️

He cuts from 185.

Why do you make up BS for free?
Wtf are you talking about? I don't make up anything. I assumed he must walk around at 170 cause he fought at FW before as said in the post I was replying to. I never said anything about what I said being fact. Do you just not read posts properly for free?

He's 7-4 since the start of 2020.

He's still a threat.

This post made D-Rod and Geoff Neal cry ☹️

I had to look over his resume but I couldn't remember the nature of some of the fights whether or not the guys he fought at that time was considered prospects or not lol

Like he fought Ponzi a while back that could've been another one but I don't member

I had to look over his resume but I couldn't remember the nature of some of the fights whether or not the guys he fought at that time was considered prospects or not lol

Like he fought Ponzi a while back that could've been another one but I don't member

I'm not really sure.

Neil is game though he fights anyone, even more than those who tell you they'll fight anyone :)

Brunson was way better. A win over Brunson pretty much guaranteed a tittle eliminator. Not the case with a win over Magny.

If Magny is the WW equivalent of Brunson, it talks pretty bad about the WW division.
Magny was rather in Brad Tavares status.
I’m going to have to argue that. I would say it’s a really good comparison. Both were gatekeepers and both have similar career trajectories. They both have young up and comers on their win list, but always failed to get over the hump when it came time to contend for a title. They both have reputable names on their resume, albeit mostly aged/battle work legends. Magny he names like lawler, condit, Hendricks, Lombard (who was still the terror he was) and gastelum, who wasn’t aged yet, but not quite at his peak when he moved up to me, other would be talents like Geoff Neal, the leech, Daniel Rodriguez. Brunson doesn’t have as many legends on his resume. He’s got machida, and we all know he beat Anderson Silva irl. But he has a lot more prospect squashing on his resume.

Overall, I’d say it’s a great comparison

Then Canadian "prospects" don't like following the script apparently.

It’s weird, cause when Neil fought Ponzi all those years ago, and Garry last year, they both fought kind of similar fights. Calf kicks and more calf kicks. Ponzinnibio was just much more aggressive and had more time to get the finish too. It seemed like malott was attempting to do the same, but wouldn’t commit to the stand up and was even less aggressive than garry. Then when it goes to the ground he tries to get the finish like he promised, it doesn’t work, theyre up again and he goes for a guillotine out of desperation. Ends up losing trying to please the crowd. Poor fight IQ but he might be a 10-15 ranking fighter

The ultimate gatekeeper. He has a role and he's good at it.

I think this proves that Malott is certainly not a UFC prospect.

Back