Need some friendly help

Canadian MayheM

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok so I'm 17 years of age and currently around 5"9 and roughly 210 Pounds. I am really out of shape but I am gonna be playing alot of sports soon and I was looking for alot of Speed and Strength so my question is: How can I start off? I don't want to be doing to much to soon and how much more should I do when I ease in? Any advice would be helpful thanks in advance.

Your first problem is one with motivation. You are completely unmotivated and have no sense of determination or will.

Change that and the rest will follow.

There is an overwhelming amount of information in this forum just waiting for you to discover. There is no short cut. You must first start with yourself.

How can I start off? I don't want to be doing to much to soon and how much more should I do when I ease in? Any advice would be helpful thanks in advance.

+1 on the links

How much all depends on you, while most people have big goals you're right in knowing that you can't just go from zero to hero in a single step. Pick something you're sure you can do then work up from there, it could be as little as the gym 2 - 3 times a week. Once your fine with that add another day, maybe run in the mornings etc. Your diet works the same way, maybe step 1 give up chips or pop or whatever, or if you have it alot limit it to say 1 can a day, then every 2 days untill you get where you want to be.

It's never too late to start anything... and what you invest now with your health will pay dividends when your older.

My number one tip I could give is start a work-out log online... it'll should keep you motivated to post your workout logs and give you a record of how well you are doing.

Best of luck!

Back