Need help with that heel hook..

the-spellr

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I keep getting it, but I don't seem to do anything with it..
So I need help with some tips on how to extend to maximum and a despcription and tips on how to lock my own legs hard around it..
I have this trademark leglock submission where i only use my leg to lock up opponents and roll into a devostating twist where my heel is against the thie of the opponent.. my coach called it an omo plata (spell?) only on the leg.. Anybody know what this could be called?

So please help me with some tips on the heel hook?
I wanna make it break :icon_twis

For some reason, I hope no one shows you how to do it. As you seem like you barely know anything about grappling and would just hurt someone.

I hope some ppl at ur gym break ur neck before you injure people who train seriously.

Learn how to pass the guard properly before even considering learning this type of stuff

learn how to hold position and escapes before worrying about heel hooks of all things.....what does your teacher say...does he encourage you cranking on heel hooks.....usually when im rolling i get one but i just hold it....point it out and keep rolling....no cranking involved at all

If somebody doesn't tap in time it ain't my fault.. Im in it for fun.. we train unarmed combat tecnique..
I have learned to pass guard n get side control and pass butterfly, and retain guard..
We don't go at it hardcore style but coach says I have great skills in grappling due to my rubber joints.. so I can escape with ease.. only problem is the heel hook (which we are not allowed to use in sparring! neither can we crank it, I like the feeling that I can though, if I would ever end up in a fight where somebody uses dirty tricks)
IMP said:
I hope some ppl at ur gym break ur neck before you injure people who train seriously.
I got this one guy in an armbar which made him scream and his shoulder almost popped.. but that was beacuase he was use to GI and plus this guy didn't do any weight lifting against me who benches and does full fitness training 4 times a week.. I consider that coming unprepared, which a athlete never should!
http://bjj.org/techniques/cesar/sub5/ -this was very helpful, check it out!

just saying that at the point you are at in your training there are way more important things to be learning.....as you roll and become more expereinced things will become more clear for you...ie heel hooks.....i am assuming you havnt been into grappling for too long or this post would not have been posted but keep at it bud

kennycalonego said:
just saying that at the point you are at in your training there are way more important things to be learning.....as you roll and become more expereinced things will become more clear for you...ie heel hooks.....i am assuming you havnt been into grappling for too long or this post would not have been posted but keep at it bud
Noo.. you're probably right.. I have learned the triangle, kimura, armbar, lapel choke, bulldog choke, kneebar, rear naked choke, toe hold and that snake thing.. can't remember the name..
I like grappling, very technical so Im thinking about starting only in BJJ..

the-spellr said:
Noo.. you're probably right.. I have learned the triangle, kimura, armbar, lapel choke, bulldog choke, kneebar, rear naked choke, toe hold and that snake thing.. can't remember the name..
I like grappling, very technical so Im thinking about starting only in BJJ..
anaconda choke?

the-spellr said:
I keep getting it, but I don't seem to do anything with it..
So I need help with some tips on how to extend to maximum and a despcription and tips on how to lock my own legs hard around it..
I have this trademark leglock submission where i only use my leg to lock up opponents and roll into a devostating twist where my heel is against the thie of the opponent.. my coach called it an omo plata (spell?) only on the leg.. Anybody know what this could be called?

So please help me with some tips on the heel hook?

You obviosly know shit about grappling.

Learn to grapple than worry about super-dangerous leg-locks.

I'll bet your next question is about rolling knee-bars.

infamous mattyd said:
anaconda choke?
Yeah thats it! grappling is some cool stuff.. I'm anxious to learn more of it!
Thinking about quitting my discipline and move over to only BJJ

I got this one guy in an armbar which made him scream and his shoulder almost popped.. but that was beacuase he was use to GI and plus this guy didn't do any weight lifting against me who benches and does full fitness training 4 times a week.. I consider that coming unprepared, which a athlete never should!

what does training with the gi and not weightlifting have anything to do with tapping in time? Besides, was he a fighter or a casual bjj practioner?

Let me see if I got you right? You like to learn the heelhook so you can make it "break" and injure your training partners!

If that is the case I hope somebody cripple you first.

If you wanna injure someone while grappling, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. besides, on your point about using heel hooks in combat, i'd honestly tell you that going to the ground in a streetfight would be the last thing you would want to do, and if you get in there, even if you break his ankle, he can knock you out in many ways, or you can get fish hooked, bitten and many other things.

blanko said:
what does training with the gi and not weightlifting have anything to do with tapping in time? Besides, was he a fighter or a casual bjj practioner?
casual.. whatever.. get life

the-spellr said:

you really think people want to help you now?

Please do the following to help out the rest of the world.

1. Cut off your testicles so that you cannot procreate.
2. Hit the logout button and never come back.
3. Quit doing any type of submissions until you actually learn what the hell you are doing.

On a serious note, if you are doing the heelhook properly, it should cause pain and/or break various parts of the leg. You obviously are not doing right, and have no respect for your training partners. I don't know what kind of 2-bit "Bubba's Back Yard Fightin' School" you go to, but you should probably quit it and go to a reputable BJJ school.

So! an update guys!
Just finished practice at my new gym.. I went to train only bjj and quit the rest.. Never been good at the whole accurate punching..
Grappling class is really fun! I got the heelhook now..
Locked up his thie real good and locked it up, started rolling, he rolled along and tried to get a toe hold or whatever..
So, im just learning this new stuff, and I was told not to crank or do anything to make the guy tap, just lock in submission and not extend, coach overlooked all the time and gave directions!
It was tough.. and so much more fun when you didn't have to worry bout the pain!
BJJ is fun!

the-spellr said:

i can't even count how many things are wrong with this. please be careful not to hurt your partners and teammates as well as talk to a real instructor concerning what BJJ is actually about.

Back