Need help with Pro Boxing Gloves

J

joe

Hi~ I'm just a newbie...need your opinion on which brands of gloves to get for pro boxing(not muay thai). The brand names Fairtex, Everlast, and Twins always came up when I did a forum search. But is there any difference between pro boxing and muay thai gloves? Any info would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

joe said:
Hi~ I'm just a newbie...need your opinion on which brands of gloves to get for pro boxing(not muay thai). The brand names Fairtex, Everlast, and Twins always came up when I did a forum search. But is there any difference between pro boxing and muay thai gloves? Any info would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Everlast is cheap, if you're going that route.

Fairtex & Twins are considered mid-level. Very high quality at a much reduced price.

Cleto Reyes and the other Mexican brands are considered finer than Fairtex and Twins, but in on thread, it was questioned how much of a difference there really was. In quality, not so much. In price? A great deal.

Then there's the true high quality gear. One sherdogger posts that every time the question comes up (on what the "best" boxing glove is), I forget the brand. The gloves were like $250 a pair, though.

I have both Everlast and Fairtex 14oz training gloves. Go with Fairtex, Everlast sucks.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the valuable info! Hmm..I'll probably try Twins or Fairtex..so there's really no difference between a pro boxing glove and a muay thai one? Thanx~

I have both Everlast and Fairtex 14oz training gloves. Go with Fairtex, Everlast sucks.

Disagree. My Everlast Pro Styles haven't even begun to wear-down and I train to fight Pro, so they get more use in a week than most of you train in a month.

Id go with ringside cost is not so much and the quality is there.

Everlast due the trick for me.

returning to my previous question...so is there any difference between a pro boxing glove and a muay thai one?

You don't often get MT gloves with laces.

I just bought my brother a pair of SSF gloves, 16 oz, black with red stitching. It's his first pair of gloves so he isn't an expert, but he said they feel great, easy to take on and off, and he's had some hard workouts with them already with no problems. The price was competitve as well, about $50. The customer service is *excellent*; I recieved the gloves just a few days after ordering with a free t-shirt, cryogel (sp?), a personal note, and a follow up email just to be sure that there were no problems. They're worth taking the time to check out.

And no, I don't work for the company, just a satisfied customer ;)

Superbeast said:
You don't often get MT gloves with laces.

And the MT ones tend to be longer in the wrist. They are also flatter and more rigid in the palm, and won't roll your hand up as tightly. Otherwise, they just tend to be a bit more streamline and less bulky, although bulk always depends mostly on the weight of the glove.

All the professional boxers and kickboxers I know use the Cleto Reyes gloves.

Madmick said:
And the MT ones tend to be longer in the wrist. They are also flatter and more rigid in the palm, and won't roll your hand up as tightly. Otherwise, they just tend to be a bit more streamline and less bulky, although bulk always depends mostly on the weight of the glove.
I have another question...since I'm into pro boxing and not MT..which brands should I buy(aside from Everlast)? Twins and Fairtex are both for MT, right?

Everlast, Title or Ringside on a budget, Cleto Reyes if you have the money.

Back