need help with devising a schedule

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by NoiSe, Jan 2, 2006.

1. NoiSe

NoiSe Orange Belt

I've been going to the gym doing weight training (4x a week, split days) prior to starting Muay Thai. Since I started my MT training back in the summer, I've eased up on the weights, going to the gym only 1-2 times a week. It would take me about 2 weeks to go through all the bodyparts. Well, ever since I started doing that, I have lost some strength, and haven't put any mass on, although I've managed to keep whatever muscle I had before (I lost about 10lbs due to all the intense cardio in MT, but my bodyfat dropped significantly).
    My question is, should I keep doing what I've been doing, ie. split days, or do full-body workouts 2x a week with only the basic compound movements? I can't go to the gym more than twice a week because of school and I also want to concentrate on Muay Thai more. I'd like to get more muscular, and regain my strength.
    Thanks

2. datadog

datadog Blue Belt

With only 2 days I'd think you'd be best served working on the large movements that pay the most dividends.

Squat, DeadLift, Bench, Overhead Press, Bent-Over Rows, Pullups, Good Mornings, Dips, Abs.

So if you can divide those big lifts up into 2 days you'll hit the big muscles.

Day 1: Deadlift, Bench, Bent-Over Row, Overhead PRess, Dips
    Day 2: Squat, rest, Good Mornings, Pullups, Abs

I'm not even sure about the Pullups on day 2. Hoepfully some of the more experienced folks will chime in for you.

3. Mark Limbaga

Mark Limbaga Amateur Fighter

day 1: squat bench rows
    day2: deads chins overhad press