Need help with a new Mass building program

joelsalter

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Ok so I am trying to put on some mass, around 15 to 20 more pounds, Im about 5'11 or so, and 183 pounds. I know nutrition is the biggest part to growing, I have been eating tons, every 2 to 2.5 hours, very clean meals, just alot. My current mass lifting routines is one body part a day I do 3 sets of 6 one week, then ill go to 8 the next week and then 10, and then Ill go back to 6 and repeat. I know I need to change it up... Hell this probably is not even a good Mass routine. So I need some input. Please give me some ideas for workouts to build mass, lifts, sets, reps... ect. thank you

Go follow the p/p/s routine in the FAQ. You can thank me in a few weeks.

20 rep squat program is gonna put on quite a few pounds in a very short amount of time if you've never tried it before.

20 rep squat program is gonna put on quite a few pounds in a very short amount of time if you've never tried it before.

I have never tried it, but I am willing to try anything.

If you're doing a lot of MA training, I would not do 20 rep squats, but if you have a month or two to bulk, you could give it a shot.

If you're doing a lot of MA training, I would not do 20 rep squats, but if you have a month or two to bulk, you could give it a shot.

This summer and fall semester sadly I am not doing any mma training I am going from school straight to work... No time, Lifes sucks doesn't it! I do still have time for lifting, and cutting to 55 from 180 was getting to be to troublesome plus I am still filling out I just turned 22 so I want to get to about 190 and fight at 170. But since I can't train until december I would like to try to even get to 200.

It looks like it should work, Ill try it... If nobody posts a better routine.

What the hell, 3 routines have been posted. All are good for putting on size, pick the one thats most appropriate for you.

What the hell, 3 routines have been posted. All are good for putting on size, pick the one thats most appropriate for you.

Just weighing my opions, I am going to pick the one that is appropriate for me Im just going to wait and see if anybody els post different routines. By the was thanks for your previous post

. My current mass lifting routines is one body part a day I do 3 sets of 6 one week, then ill go to 8 the next week and then 10, and then Ill go back to 6 and repeat.
guido01.jpg

A program like 5x5 or PPS should work fine. The westside template may also be a good choice.

I recommend Phase 1 and 2 of CT's beast building program also if you have some lifting experience. It's one of the few programs over at t-nation that focus on mainly strength and HTMU recruitment with "compound" movements and not 31 curl variations:

Phase 1: TESTOSTERONE NATION | World's Largest Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Underground Nation

Phase 2:TESTOSTERONE NATION | World's Largest Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Underground Nation

Always good to see the old MarlboroMan pics.

Starting Strength, by Mark Rippetoe, is one of the best routines for a beginner. Hell, a lot of advanced lifters could probably benefit from the simplicity.

I'd recommend giving it a shot. It has you doing the most important lift three times a week, as well as learning the other basic, fundamental lifts like the deadlift, benchpress, press, and row/powerclean.

A program like 5x5 or PPS should work fine. The westside template may also be a good choice.

I recommend Phase 1 and 2 of CT's beast building program also if you have some lifting experience. It's one of the few programs over at t-nation that focus on mainly strength and HTMU recruitment with "compound" movements and not 31 curl variations:

Phase 1: TESTOSTERONE NATION | World's Largest Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Underground Nation

Phase 2:TESTOSTERONE NATION | World's Largest Bodybuilding and Weight Loss Underground Nation

wouldn't 5x5 be more for strength than mass?

wouldn't 5x5 be more for strength than mass?

Mass gain is going to largely depend on your food intake. Increase nutrient/calories and you'll gain weight as long as you're getting stronger consistently.

Back