Need Help On Dieting

Tommy Seoul said:
I don't know, but if you work out at all or exercise, I wouldn't do less than 2,000 a day. It could negatively effect your performance.

Unless you're cutting for a competition, of course. But just training in general, I'd say 2K minimum

Bah I'm finding it hard to get 2k calories eating healthy.. and not gaining fat but lean muscle so that I can have that six pac

I ate 6 small meals today

9:00 a.m.- 1/2 of oatmeal and Protein shake
11:05 a.m.- Slim fast
1:05 p.m. -Can of Tuna, Protein shake, spinach salad
3:23 p.m. - Chicken breast, spinach salad
4:15 p.m. -Detour Protein bar
5:30 p.m. Chicken breast, spinach salad
7:30 p.m. Turkey breast and spinach salad

I had appox.. Calories: 1570.. Protein appox..167.5 grams

I weighed in at 150lbs as of Saturday

Is that a resiable diet for my goal?

Thanks I got a book now that has a diet that im gunna try. I dunno what I was thinking either doing that. I wasnt overweight but a got a lot more cut in the weight room on that diet. That was the only reason i kept doin it.

Imortal's sounds most sensible, but i wanted to ask about are cheeses. Should it be avoided completely or is something like maybe swiss alright, or what would be best?

Its all about not going overboard. For instance I put one slice of chesse on my sandwhich for lunch not two. Every once in awhile I will also throw a slice of chesse in my eggs in the morning. As long as you stick to a couple of slices a day you should be fine. Now if you want some chesse dip or something along those lines save it for a cheat day. Cheat days can be key in a diet to I think. As long as I have my one day a week to cheat I very rarley sway from my diet. But again dont go overboard on that ethier.

Ps sorry for the spelling and puncuation i know i suck

I didnt want to start a whole new thread, and since people are posting diets, was wondering if I could get some feedback on mine. This is pretty much what I eat everyday, I mix it up a bit, I Lift 5 days a week, and Run 4.5 miles 4 days a week. Mind you before I started Police academy this April i was 5' 10'' 250 pounds. Yes fat as fuck. Right now Im 205 pounds.

Break Fast- 1 whole-wheat english muffin with 1 protien pancake (Protien pancake is eggs, oatmel, and a banana mixed in a blender and then cooked like pancakes, makes about 1 pancake per egg)

Snack- Banana or Apple

Lunch- Either sliced grilled chicken or turkey wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla with lettace and tomato

Snack be4 work out- Banana or Apple

Post work out- Whey Protien Shake, sometimes some baked or grilled fish

Dinner- Brown rice with grilled chicken or turkey, sometimes grilled fish

Before bed snake if needed- Skim milk with a little bit of chocolate whey protein for flavor.

So far this diet and working out at police acadey, and now lifitng that I graduated has dropped almost 50 pounds since April of this year. And Im gettting more and more lean. So Im pretty sure it works, just wanted to see if anyone could help me fine tune it.

Back