Need Help On Dieting

Paul1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have been sticking to a diet for about a year now. I go on it from monday-saturday then saturday nite and sunday I don't watch what I eat. The problem is that the diet im doing I dont feel like i have any energy and am always hungry. Ill be working out and my stomach will be burning. Can anyone help me on what I should be eating because I know what im doing now is not what i should be doing but it keeps me in shape. Heres my diet:

Breakfast- Slim-Fast or Instone Lean Meal Replacement Shake
Lunch- Same as breakfast
Dinner- Chicken, Tuna, Or A Lean Cusine and maybe a vegtable.
Before Bed- Banana
------------------------------
Death Before Dishonor

You have no energy because you have no calories to burn. That is not very good eating...diet or not. Your body needs nutrition. What are your goals? Are you in training for something or just trying to lose weight?

Im 6'0'' 185 pounds. My goals are really just to get my muscles defined and keep my weight were it is but i wouldnt mind losing like 5 or 6 more pounds. I used to do a diet were i ate more but after 2 or 3 days of doin it i wasnt hunrgy and i would have to force myself to eat the food, sometimes to the point were i would almost throw up.

There is a new book out by myself and sports nutrition expert John Berardi called The Grapplers Guide to Sports Nutrition. www.grapplersnutrition.com

If you go there you can get a free interview that i did with the Doc on your very question.

grapplers gym were on the site is the interview

how the hell could you stay on a diet like this for a year?

yea its tuff but i jus push myself through it. I need someone to give me a good diet to follow

Dude you need to stop that and do something different. Go to any book store....or the web site that was mentioned above and state TODAY. Your body is probably losing lean muscle mass as we speak. When there is nothing else for your body to consume for energy, it will eat it's own muslce. You are doing much more harm than good. Start anything today! Remember you will have to eat to lose wieght and to gain muscle and get sculpted. You can't do it without PROPER nutrition. Just out of curiosity....how old are you? I dont' think I saw that on your other posts. When you do start eating properly you very well may gain some wieght, but please don't go back to the stuff you are doing now. Good luck dude.

Do you guys read this forum at all before posting these questions? That's a horrible diet. What do the knowledgable posters on here (not me) always say?

Eat every two to three hours. 5-6 small meals a day. Complex, low glycemic index shit except for after workouts.

Avail yourself of the knowledge already here. No one here is going to give you props or think you're a bad ass for starving yourself, or like that other thread, where the guy eats burgers and fried chicken and expects a bunch of congrats for it.

Thanks for you help guys. Im gunna start a new diet tommorw. Girljock im 16 years old.

Ok my diet isnt the best, but along with working out I have lost 25pds in the last 2months and have been getting stonger the whole time. Its also pretty easy to stick to

Break Fast- 2 wheat toast ethier 3scrambled eggs or oatmeal

Snack- An apple or any other fruit maybe a gronaloa bar or yogurt once in awhile

Lunch- Turkey on wheat or rye bread with mustard 2 rice cakes

Snack be4 work out- Fruit

Post work out- Muscle milk or a chicken breast

Dinner- Chicken or red meat maybe some tuna, with potatos or rice or maybe some kind of noddle. Always atleast 2 veggies

If you really need something be4 bed make it light. I give myself one day a week to cheat but dont go crazy also drinks lots of water NO SODA juice is ok now then. Make sure you have skim milk. Like i said man this has been working for me and is pretty easy to stick to so give it a shot.

Tommy Seoul said:
Do you guys read this forum at all before posting these questions? That's a horrible diet. What do the knowledgable posters on here (not me) always say?

Eat every two to three hours. 5-6 small meals a day. Complex, low glycemic index shit except for after workouts.

Avail yourself of the knowledge already here. No one here is going to give you props or think you're a bad ass for starving yourself, or like that other thread, where the guy eats burgers and fried chicken and expects a bunch of congrats for it.

Yeah i call work on that, that guy is an ass hat. I hope nobody takes his diet seriously

Tommy Seoul said:

what excatly is small? chicken breast the size of a fist and spinach salad?

ObsceneJester said:
what excatly is small? chicken breast the size of a fist and spinach salad?

You want to evenly distribute your caloric intake throughout the day, so I'd say like between 250 and 400 calories per, depending on how many you're trying to consume a day.

Like I said, I am by no means one of the more knowledgable posters on this forum. King Kabuki is the man, click on his name and accept his wisdom as gospel.

Also, that Chad guy says you should listen to him because his grandmother is Tibetan. Not sure I follow that reasoning, but if it works for you...

Tell me if this is better:
Breakfast- Slim-Fast and Banana
Lunch- Chicken Breast Or Turkey Breast With Brown Rice
Dinner- Tuna Or Chicken With Veggie

Man I'm eating 6 small meals a day (from my 3 larger meals) and I'm getting 1500 calories now.. I redid all my old stuff I was wondering My three larger meals brought me to a total of 1000 calories a day.. this one now is up to 1500.. I really don't want to add weight, I want to loose it by me stepping this intake of healthy foods (chicken breast, spinach salad, protein shakes ectera ectera ectera) can I continue to lose away the fat with this by eating smaller portions 6 times a day?

Thanks

I don't know, but if you work out at all or exercise, I wouldn't do less than 2,000 a day. It could negatively effect your performance.

Unless you're cutting for a competition, of course. But just training in general, I'd say 2K minimum

Paul said:
Tell me if this is better:
Breakfast- Slim-Fast and Banana
Lunch- Chicken Breast Or Turkey Breast With Brown Rice
Dinner- Tuna Or Chicken With Veggie

Paul you need to eat more. Your body is growing now....this is not the time to have bad nutrition. Stop the Slim Fast crap....a lot of that stuff is just that...crap. Eat some oatmeal, cereal...maybe a whole grain muffin or something like that. Maybe eat some sandwiches with whole grain breads, plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. Don't forget eggs...they are a great food.

I would also suggest...maybe go to the school nurse or guidance counselor. They should have some information on proper nutrition. Everyone on here seems to do their own thing depending on their training needs....and you probably just need to get your body back to being healthy. If that's all you've been eating for the last year....your body isn't healthy. Not sure why you were on that crazy diet...I can only guess that you were very overwieght and just didn't know what else to do. Good luck and go see that school nurse. :)

Back