Need help in deciding what style

I'd say boxing.

I did some kickerboxing, and I started boxing now.

In general, an experienced trainer with a love of the sport will be able to impart a great deal of knowledge to you. Just remember... When you're boxing, learn boxing. Don't give them BS about not needing certain things because you're training for MMA.

Most are right that boxing goes better with wrestling as it dosnt take away too much focus from grappling, however it depends on how good you are at wrestling are you dominant against most or not, do you have a John fitch thing going on?

Reason i say that is because 5'10, 160lbs, you are tall for the LW class, pretty much like Kenny florian is at LW, id say MT is better to get the most out of your reach unless once again you are like Fitch and can use your length in that kind of way for grappling?

Would you be fighting at LW 155 or WW 170? cause that makes a difference also.

definately northern crane wushu

i heard its what fedor uses.

i would say traditional boxing would be best as apposed to muay thai for a strong wrestler. Wrestlers usually do not want to be on their back and muay thai lends to being taken down in mma because you often need to be more aggressive to assert a muay thai style. Boxing however teaches great footwork and fast feet which you need to avoid the takedown in mma.

I would say traditional boxing is your best bet however if you are serious about MMA you need to train in boxing and muay thai. both will give you invaluable skills. good luck.

If you are competing in a sport which allows punches, kicks, knees and elbows why would you train in a sport that only allows punches? I certainly recommend people sharpening their boxing if they need to but if youre just starting out, its better that you learn it all together. You need to get used to seeing kicks coming, need to get used to the clinch and how to make space for knees, need to get some exposure to elbows and how to protect yourself from getting elbowned in the clinch.

boxing will definitely make you better with the hands than muay thai

that being said i do MT because their is a much more extensive amount of techniques to learn

in MT than boxing and if your trainer is good enough/you put in effort on your own time you will

get good with the hands anyway.

I wish my MT guy did more hand stuff though i want to learn to duck and bob and weave and

shit but we have done ducking literally once out of the almost year ive gone

Back